Defence

Hall of Famer

Re: Defence

26 Sep 2021 08:36 am:

I'd imagine success will be measured against targets set at the beginning of the season, like any other job! I think top 6 was the goal (mentioned at fans forum) so that will be what's measured against.
Vice-Captain

26 Sep 2021 08:47 am:

Ken - accept some of your comments but Atkinson’s try was due to poor defensive alignment
Hall of Famer

26 Sep 2021 09:00 am:

Maybe reassess when more of the full squad are back and the new players have bedded in.
Hall of Famer

26 Sep 2021 09:16 am:

Leicester’s defence seemed to consist of continually dropping driving mauls illegally. Unfortunately Foley didn’t flash yellow cards or award penalty tries so their cynical tactics worked. Is that good coaching?
They don’t like it up ‘em.
Hero in the making

26 Sep 2021 10:02 am:

madders wrote:Leicester’s defence seemed to consist of continually dropping driving mauls illegally. Unfortunately Foley didn’t flash yellow cards or award penalty tries so their cynical tactics worked. Is that good coaching?

Unlike Dickson at Wasps' game. Brad Shields ended up with two yellows, the second of which made it a red, for pulling down mauls.
‘Politicians and diapers must be changed often and for the same reason.’ Mark Twain.
Vice-Captain

26 Sep 2021 19:34 pm:

Madders - have to agree with you 100% about the penalty try
Hall of Famer

26 Sep 2021 20:35 pm:

RossM wrote:
madders wrote:Leicester’s defence seemed to consist of continually dropping driving mauls illegally. Unfortunately Foley didn’t flash yellow cards or award penalty tries so their cynical tactics worked. Is that good coaching?

Unlike Dickson at Wasps' game. Brad Shields ended up with two yellows, the second of which made it a red, for pulling down mauls.

I did think whether our game had an affect on Dickson.
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby