Fan experience

Vice-Captain

Fan experience

24 Sep 2021 23:33 pm:

I was wondering what people thought of their experience tonight? I didn’t think it was that great comsidering al the things we have been told would be improved! However I did enjoy that the cock up regarding not taking card in a cashless stadium turned the 1873 into a free bar :lol:
Hero in the making

Re: Fan experience

25 Sep 2021 06:07 am:

It’s not the kingsholm that it was. Oh we miss Graham Spring.
Vice-Captain

25 Sep 2021 06:21 am:

I thought the bar queue in the main stand was fairly normal, as in, all the staff were going as fas as they can…. But, they’d run out of the 2 pint cups, and the Guinness was settling with at least an inch of head.

But wasn’t it great to be back in the stadium with a noisy shed!
Hall of Famer

25 Sep 2021 06:24 am:

You couldn’t make it up with the cashless stadium only accepting cash in parts. Under prepared and chaos in most areas behind the Stowfords. Will be contacting the club this morning as I’ve been charged three times for one item of food (which wasn’t pleasant either) having had to keep attempting to pay for it.
Hall of Famer

25 Sep 2021 06:51 am:

I had fun. I was in the Stowfords and didn’t find the queues any better or worse than pre covid times. My son ate his way through pretty much all the food offerings (his money thankfully) and enjoyed them all.
My only gripe was being told at the cash only cashless bar that they only had pounds coins as change until I pointed to the huge bag of notes sat on the counter behind her. She grudgingly opened it to find a fiver but she wasn’t happy about it.
Hero in the making

25 Sep 2021 07:06 am:

It was 6.00 before the turnstiles opened at the tump end. Apparently they were looking for bodies to open. Also they were all new and needed a teach in. What on earth was the home friendly for
Hall of Famer

25 Sep 2021 07:08 am:

Wyn Morgan wrote:It was 6.00 before the turnstiles opened at the tump end. Apparently they were looking for bodies to open. Also they were all new and needed a teach in. What on earth was the home friendly for

They were working smoothly by 7, frustrating may be but not the end of the world.
Hall of Famer

25 Sep 2021 07:09 am:

Pieman wrote:But wasn’t it great to be back in the stadium with a noisy shed!

Absolutely!
Hall of Famer

25 Sep 2021 07:12 am:

Wyn Morgan wrote:It was 6.00 before the turnstiles opened at the tump end. Apparently they were looking for bodies to open. Also they were all new and needed a teach in. What on earth was the home friendly for

So they only managed to get it open an hour and 45 minutes before kick off! Shocking stuff!
Keyser Sose
Hero in the making

25 Sep 2021 07:15 am:

GB83 wrote:

They were working smoothly by 7, frustrating may be but not the end of the world.

Depends on circumstances. Thanks to total cock up by Rhi we had to arrive early to get our membership cards - even though they were received at home on Thursday! So after a 2 hour 15 minute drive and then queue to get cards would have been nice to get in the ground on time. Zero efficiency.
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby