Fan experience

Re: Fan experience

25 Sep 2021 09:13 am:

The Shuthonger One wrote:MattChelt I think due to the new pitch there will be no half time “entertainment “. Need special boots/shoes to use the pitch.

I've made my own story up about our defence and their choice of footwear....

I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Hall of Famer

25 Sep 2021 09:19 am:

Main stand near Glaws coaches' booth: announcements clear, music clear but needed to shout over it (project that Covid cloud people!). Noticed volume of music was being tweaked up during half time interval - ie started off loud and ended up very loud.
Hero in the making

25 Sep 2021 10:09 am:

PA....... Shed, tump end between 10 and 22. Couldn't hear any of the announcements when a crowd in. The sound for video (interview with GS) was good - first time ever I heard what was being said, but that was when Shed was sparsely populated. I said to a friend that if there was an emergency announcement , or a request to move a car, it would fail.

Also, reflink on app didn't work on either phone.

My e-membership card worked first time, faf is having to show steward your phone whilst entering Shed with pie and pint.....

Summary =still work to do off the pitch, as well as on.
Another yard boys, another yard!
Vice-Captain

25 Sep 2021 10:45 am:

In the abr we were using they seemed to v adopted an orderly que as spouses to a normal bar que which did make the wait time longer in my opinion but yes even though I do feel we are not getting good service for what we have paid for it was amazing to be back to hear the noise
Hall of Famer

26 Sep 2021 07:15 am:

Does anyone know what ha happened to hot dog stall near the entrance gates.

There for years, highly recommended but now it seems to be a hot pizza slice stall.
Hall of Famer

26 Sep 2021 07:17 am:

Ferret wrote:Does anyone know what ha happened to hot dog stall near the entrance gates.

There for years, highly recommended but now it seems to be a hot pizza slice stall.

New pizza stand is "Hooker and Eight - Openside Pizza" - Ludlow's portion of the Hooker and Eight pizza business
Hall of Famer

26 Sep 2021 08:23 am:

Ferret wrote:Does anyone know what ha happened to hot dog stall near the entrance gates.

Loved those hot dogs. Just perfectly placed to grab one as you headed in.
Tuffty

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
Hall of Famer

26 Sep 2021 08:56 am:

Food and drink I buy elsewhere so nothing to add there, getting in was an unexpected doddle, first change noticed was no programmes. Now I know it wasn’t the greatest but I always used to buy one because, for one thing it gave me something to read and also I thought the sales helped the club. It wasn’t cheap and I’d presumed all those ads brought in a fair few bob. Well apparently it’s now online, I must have missed that announcement, so I imagine next to no one will bother going there so why would advertisers bother? However, getting into the Shed was achieved with unusual ease with no check of ticket. Atmosphere and excitement which is what it’s all about was right up there, didn’t even think about mask wearing or checking who was/wasn’t. Only real gripe was the attempt to turn the Shed into a nightclub/rave at half time - I spent a lot of that time with my fingers in my ears and would be very happy if someone brought a pair of pliers in to disconnect the speakers next time. Even with that though the pluses outweigh the minuses and it was great to be back.
On the board

26 Sep 2021 14:15 pm:

Good things:
Sat in seats for the first time in years, 12 I think.
Person in front of me a short ar*e like me so I could see the pitch well. Happy days!

Not quite the enthusiasm of the seated fraternity as down on the Tump.
+1 getting pee'd off at me shouting down the ground to the bloke who was stood on my spot on the Tump to clear off! :D

Good things to come:
Staying dry.
Staying dry.
Oh ..... and staying dry!
A Shedweb spat observer!
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby