Fan experience

Hall of Famer

Re: Fan experience

25 Sep 2021 07:22 am:

It seems that we are paying customers not members anymore.
It might be me but it seems it is a business where finance is the main focus.
First team regular

25 Sep 2021 07:32 am:

Was very disappointed with the PA. We couldn't hear a thing in the main stand.What was wrong with the old system?
Vice-Captain

25 Sep 2021 07:33 am:

Wyn Morgan wrote:
Depends on circumstances. Thanks to total cock up by Rhi we had to arrive early to get our membership cards - even though they were received at home on Thursday! So after a 2 hour 15 minute drive and then queue to get cards would have been nice to get in the ground on time. Zero efficiency.

I’m struggling here. You got into the ground an hour and three quarters before kick off, yet suggest that you weren’t in “on time” and blame “zero efficiency”.

What time do you normally aim to get in? Not being picky here, simply curious. Why do you get in so early?
Hall of Famer

25 Sep 2021 07:38 am:

There were a lot of non-shirter, new faces in our section of the main stand, which is good. Unfortunately, many of them seem to have learned their rugby etiquette at Twickenham and were up and down during the game to refresh their glasses, including one very special rugby aficionado who was standing up with his back to our final line-out trying to find his seat. I can't remember the last time I saw so many people who were "only here for the beer".
www.fumblings.net
Senior squad member

25 Sep 2021 07:42 am:

I can deal with queues, but a couple of things came across badly. For example, at one stage when buying a drink they were refusing to do cup refunds at the til I paid at. Instead they wanted me to join another queue for a til that had EXACTLY the same functionality as the one I just paid at. By the end of the game this rule had changed, but that kind of skimming leaves a sour taste.
Hero in the making

25 Sep 2021 07:52 am:

BullShed wrote:
Wyn Morgan wrote:
Depends on circumstances. Thanks to total cock up by Rhi we had to arrive early to get our membership cards - even though they were received at home on Thursday! So after a 2 hour 15 minute drive and then queue to get cards would have been nice to get in the ground on time. Zero efficiency.

I’m struggling here. You got into the ground an hour and three quarters before kick off, yet suggest that you weren’t in “on time” and blame “zero efficiency”.

What time do you normally aim to get in? Not being picky here, simply curious. Why do you get in so early?

Thought my post made it clear. Cock up by customer services manager who invalidated the cards posted to us and printed another set for collection. Advice from club was to arrive early. Hope that clarifies.
Hall of Famer

25 Sep 2021 08:17 am:

Ive been critical of the ticketing stuff - but everything went very smoothly last night. Very quick queue to the bar before the game - very long at HT though. All in all, very positive.
Vice-Captain

25 Sep 2021 08:33 am:

PA system (in the Shed, on half-way line): spoken word was clearer than before, but still not great. The music at halftime was FAR TOO LOUD - has conversation between fans been banned? Needs to be turned down several notches (at least down to 11...).

At least the pre-match team announcement on the big screens is back to how it used to be - i.e. individual by player, rather than the whole 23-man squad listed together and therefore too small to read. Should be done a bit earlier, so that it's not drowned out by the fans as the team leave the pitch at the end of the warm-up.

No on-pitch games / activities at halftime - is this a symptom of recent / ongoing times, or have the club just decided that it's not worth the bother to do?

Things have improved since the Ealing game, but still room for improvement.

C+
Hall of Famer

25 Sep 2021 08:42 am:

Printed tickets for the shed
Got in at around quarter to 7. No queues at the turnstile, scanned straight in.
Got beer and a burger straight away with little queueing.
PA in the Shed better than I've heard it but still not great.
All in all, was worth the 6 hour round trip from Leeds!
Strange how different we've all found the experience.
Hero in the making

25 Sep 2021 08:53 am:

MattChelt I think due to the new pitch there will be no half time “entertainment “. Need special boots/shoes to use the pitch.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby