The ‘best’ XV

Hall of Famer

The ‘best’ XV

25 Sep 2021 09:32 am:

Considering who we had unavailable last night, I thought we did well to take two points. Does seem an age old problem though of ‘when we get bodies back’ so wondered how we might look when we do? Have bolded who I would replace last night with if available.

Moyle Carreras
Seabrook May
Twelvetrees Harris
Atkinson
Thorley LRZ
Evans Hastings
Meehan Chapman
Elrington VRR
Singleton
Balmain
Slater
Davidson Alemanno
Ackermann
Ludlow
Morgan Polledri

Still missing the likes of Craig, Reid, Woodward who could all arguably start in a ‘strongest’ available. Hoping for some bodies back by Sale at the latest.
Hall of Famer

Re: The ‘best’ XV

25 Sep 2021 09:47 am:

Tbf Chapman is probably going to 3rd choice behind Meehan and Varney. Other than that all good points. Some very good players to come back.

Harris particularly key as he is a one man defence at times!
Keyser Sose

25 Sep 2021 09:52 am:

Agreed, but have a look last season and see how many times we had out our " first XV". The answer is never. In fact we average about 10 of these in any one game. I guess that is the nature of Prem rugby. We did actually get 14 of them out on 4 occasions, and lost 3 of those !!! That is why you need a squad of about 30 top players.
On the board

25 Sep 2021 10:39 am:

It's systems and coaching more than the players missing. Saracens could put their under 17s on the pitch but they would play the same style and it works. The team they sent to Bristol and stifled was without a lot of first teamers.
Hall of Famer

25 Sep 2021 10:58 am:

It was nice to see Harris helping out with the pre match warm up last night. Hopefully back soon.
Senior squad member

25 Sep 2021 12:13 pm:

Is Harrisinjured?
Hall of Famer

25 Sep 2021 12:18 pm:

Murphy, no. Mandatory rest period after the Lions tour
Hall of Famer

25 Sep 2021 17:53 pm:

No Harris and LRZ are on enforced rest after the lions tour
Hall of Famer

25 Sep 2021 18:00 pm:

I believe Varney is our best 9, but considering he can bring pace to the game, maybe he will be used as a sub.
Hall of Famer

25 Sep 2021 18:13 pm:

Next match is very important. If we win it with the players we most probably do have available then in my opinion we can finish in the top 6. Confidence and the top couple of inches are the main requirements. The fightback last night was something to build on. The error count is the killer for us. Got to be sorted .
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby