Masks

Hero in the making

Re: Masks

26 Sep 2021 06:06 am:

Come to wales if you want to witness total shambles. We of course are still required to wear masks inside shops
Hall of Famer

26 Sep 2021 08:36 am:

Went into London at the end of August with the family. Used the Tube to get about. About 3 or 4 people in every 10 weren’t wearing them, even on the tube itself. And that’s despite the Mayor of London’s direction that they should be worn.
Tuffty

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
Turns out for the A team

26 Sep 2021 09:32 am:

richclark asked "Just to ask a polite question, and certainly no offence intended, but if you were so concerned, why didn't you walk straight back out again?"

Sorry for the delay in replying Rich, but technology failed me for most of yesterday! To answer your question, yes I did walk straight back out of the shop, and the Stowfords/Shogun bar, as both were full of punters, none whom were wearing a face mask. I did take my seat in the stand, it being more of an open air area (although having three sides and a roof!). I kept my mask on for a) my safety, and b) respect and consideration of those around me.

I only raised this topic because following the Club's encouragement for all attendees to wear a face covering, the request seemed to be almost universally ignored.
Hall of Famer

26 Sep 2021 10:11 am:

Please can we stick to the science. Wearing a mask is to protect others from the risk of you infecting them. Its protection of you from others is statistically insignificant.
Hall of Famer

26 Sep 2021 11:27 am:

Clive's Pants wrote:Please can we stick to the science. Wearing a mask is to protect others from the risk of you infecting them. Its protection of you from others is statistically insignificant.

The amount of people that fail to understand this is baffling.
Hall of Famer

26 Sep 2021 11:29 am:

Chris in Spain wrote:The most recent figures I have, (2 days old), show that the UK had 35,089 new cases in a day. Spain had 2,746.
Maybe the UK government has totally mishandled everything.
I think that maybe Spain’s numbers are only so high because they have allowed so many visitors from “Plague Island”.

Without getting into a discussion re the UK govt (there are other threads for that), the data quoted on here is almost certainly wrong. The UK are testing to far higher levels than Spain. So maybe the UK are just better at identifying cases? Spain's death data would suggest there are far more cases than recorded (and the same is true for other European countries).
On the board

30 Sep 2021 21:42 pm:

steckers wrote:
Chris in Spain wrote:The most recent figures I have, (2 days old), show that the UK had 35,089 new cases in a day. Spain had 2,746.
Maybe the UK government has totally mishandled everything.
I think that maybe Spain’s numbers are only so high because they have allowed so many visitors from “Plague Island”.

Without getting into a discussion re the UK govt (there are other threads for that), the data quoted on here is almost certainly wrong. The UK are testing to far higher levels than Spain. So maybe the UK are just better at identifying cases? Spain's death data would suggest there are far more cases than recorded (and the same is true for other European countries).

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/uk-c ... 1633012628
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something." ~ Plato
Vice-Captain

30 Sep 2021 22:47 pm:

Sadly … I think peoples brains have had a fart over the whole issue.

What hardship is it to wear a mask or visor?

I’d prefer the club did more, it’s about time people grasped the issue properly … it isn’t over so get a grip as we are very likely to go back into lockdown before Xmas.

30 Sep 2021 23:31 pm:

Baldhead2 wrote:Sadly … I think peoples brains have had a fart over the whole issue.

What hardship is it to wear a mask or visor?

I’d prefer the club did more, it’s about time people grasped the issue properly … it isn’t over so get a grip as we are very likely to go back into lockdown before Xmas.

Bojo the Clowns " Freedom Day " announcement was the dumbest one ever made, as Sun readers and many others, probably thought C-19 had miraculously disappeared. It didn't and it hasn't. Stupidity rules, aided and abeted by a Government full of incompetents.
aka John Neary
Vice-Captain
Location: Malvern Wells (most evenings and weekends) Cheltenham (office hours) Kingsholm (home fixtures)

01 Oct 2021 07:21 am:

I love a good rugby discussion me! :roll: (oh puppies forgive me)
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.
PreviousNext

Return to COVID-19 Support