Masks

Turns out for the A team

Masks

25 Sep 2021 13:07 pm:

In their pre-match message, the Club did say, and I quote “We encourage our supporters to wear a mask for tonight’s game”. Whilst I understand that it is no longer a legal requirement. I was amazed at the complete lack of take up of this request. I called into the Club Shop before the game, and apart from the staff I was the only one with a mask on. On going through the turnstiles and into the ground, there was not a mask to be seen, despite large queues for the burgers etc. On taking my seat in the main stand, and touching shoulders with people either side of me for the next two hours, I could not see a single other mask wearer. I would estimate that out of the 11.644 attendance, 11,000 were probably maskless. On the OGT, Mute said that he was staying home to protect his wife (and himself), I’m considering doing the same next game.
Hero in the making

Re: Masks

25 Sep 2021 14:01 pm:

Quite agree, Telboy. Masks very few and far between. Occasional steward wearing one, some spectators wearing them under their nose. Having said that, it was outside but little breeze, though having a conversation over the music meant shouting! I have every sympathy with Mute's view.
DavidSillince, the slopes of Mayhill.
Senior squad member

25 Sep 2021 14:19 pm:

Telboy wrote:In their pre-match message, the Club did say, and I quote “We encourage our supporters to wear a mask for tonight’s game”. Whilst I understand that it is no longer a legal requirement. I was amazed at the complete lack of take up of this request. I called into the Club Shop before the game, and apart from the staff I was the only one with a mask on. On going through the turnstiles and into the ground, there was not a mask to be seen, despite large queues for the burgers etc. On taking my seat in the main stand, and touching shoulders with people either side of me for the next two hours, I could not see a single other mask wearer. I would estimate that out of the 11.644 attendance, 11,000 were probably maskless. On the OGT, Mute said that he was staying home to protect his wife (and himself), I’m considering doing the same next game.

Just to ask a polite question, and certainly no offence intended, but if you were so concerned, why didn't you walk straight back out again?
Hall of Famer

25 Sep 2021 14:44 pm:

The science shows infections outdoors are very rare and masks add little. In doors it is a different matter.
Hall of Famer

25 Sep 2021 14:57 pm:

But masks do something, even if you are sitting outside you would probably still need to be in a covered area such as toilets. I didn't go last night but did visit Villa Park recently and my experience was exactly the same, very few mask wearers other than club officials. Fundamentally this boil down to peoples consciences (most are selfish) and the government who should mandate more mask wearing rather than "trusting the common sense of the British public" [insert photo of queue for non existent petrol shortage here, the rush itself creating the shortage].
Hall of Famer

25 Sep 2021 15:09 pm:

lovejoy wrote:But masks do something, even if you are sitting outside you would probably still need to be in a covered area such as toilets. I didn't go last night but did visit Villa Park recently and my experience was exactly the same, very few mask wearers other than club officials. Fundamentally this boil down to peoples consciences (most are selfish) and the government who should mandate more mask wearing rather than "trusting the common sense of the British public" [insert photo of queue for non existent petrol shortage here, the rush itself creating the shortage].

Nail and head there Lovejoy. Selfish people. And look how the British public is handling the supposed fuel shortage using common sense :roll:

25 Sep 2021 15:30 pm:

Seems a very naive expectation, have you been to a pub or supermarket recently…or even travelled on a bus or train?…Society has given up on facemasks…I’d make your choice of doing anything at the moment on that assumption…if you don’t like get in contact with whoever is making policy in HM Government this week.
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Hall of Famer

25 Sep 2021 15:38 pm:

From the train in Chippenham to the ground and back again I never saw more than a smattering of people all day with masks on. We finally seem to have moved on with life.
Hall of Famer

25 Sep 2021 16:20 pm:

I wore mine and I think most Gloucester supporters should (if only on aesthetic grounds).
www.fumblings.net
Vice-Captain

25 Sep 2021 17:44 pm:

I wore a mask - probably why Eddie didn't recognise me (fist bumped though) - but not once I'd taken my seat.
Probably not very logical!
Wore it on the 94 bus too...
Rugby, music, beer inanities @adamashby
Next

Return to COVID-19 Support