European Fixtures

Hero in the making

Re: European Fixtures

15 Oct 2021 10:30 am:

tigerchef wrote:Because Hovis, some idiot in 2019 (I won't name names) flew into Lyon Airport and had booked a train from Gare de Lyon to Gare de Aime - La Plagne for an agreeable weeks skiing and presumed that the fare between the airport and Lyon itself would be reasonable for myself, Mrs TC and the 2 junior TC's as well. I found out to my cost that it wasn't and 160 Euros later at the Ticket machine I was slightly annoyed to say the least, mostly at my own mistake.

I was just hoping to make those aware who are going to plan ahead. I didn't, I learnt from it and if I can save someone else making that mistake, it's more money they can spend in the important stuff like beer.

Tigerchef, Gare de Lyon is not in Lyon it's in Paris. I might be wrong but from what you are saying looks like you bought tickets from airport ticket machine to Paris for €40 each instead of tickets to Lyon Part-Dieu which is where the Rhone Express terminates.
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2021 10:44 am:

How many had you had Tigerchef? :lol:
Senior squad member

15 Oct 2021 11:59 am:

Thoroughly looking forward to the weekend, although BA have cancelled our flight out on the Thursday and put us on a later flight - basically lose half a day in the city which is annoying. :roll:

Does anyone know when tickets may go on sale? Have looked on the Lyon website for inklings but with no luck…
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2021 12:07 pm:

When did you hear that? Im on a thu afternoon flight with BA also.
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2021 12:34 pm:

Kookie and me are flying with EasyJet from Luton leaving at 12:50 on the Thursday and returning from Lyon at 15:55 on the Sunday.

We are very much looking forward to that weekend - plenty of good food and wine!
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2021 12:37 pm:

shedwebadmin wrote:It's also under 500 miles from Calais, or 7 hrs according to Google Maps (bet I could do it in under 6).. It's a tank of fuel each way..

Is that including time spent explaing to tge frewuent police patrols why you were ecceeding the 110 kph limit. The policecate VERY hot and VERY frequent.
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2021 12:38 pm:

Harrison26 wrote:Thoroughly looking forward to the weekend, although BA have cancelled our flight out on the Thursday and put us on a later flight - basically lose half a day in the city which is annoying. :roll:

Does anyone know when tickets may go on sale? Have looked on the Lyon website for inklings but with no luck…

Now i've had an email saying my return on Saturday is cancelled and they've put us on an earlier flight :oops:
Senior squad member

15 Oct 2021 12:45 pm:

steckers wrote:
Harrison26 wrote:Thoroughly looking forward to the weekend, although BA have cancelled our flight out on the Thursday and put us on a later flight - basically lose half a day in the city which is annoying. :roll:

Now i've had an email saying my return on Saturday is cancelled and they've put us on an earlier flight :oops:

That’s so frustrating for you too, I wonder what is triggering the changes. I booked the flights I did because they were so convenient!!
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2021 13:40 pm:

And me! It's odd how your outbound is cancelled (what time was it due to leave) and my inbound has been.
Vice-Captain

15 Oct 2021 13:52 pm:

vitesse wrote:
steckers wrote:Which hotel is that Vitesse? Might be the same as me?

IBIS Budget Lyon Gerland.
Having 2nd thoughts now, costs are stacking up.

We’ve booked the same place. £90/night last week was £99/night this week...
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby