European Fixtures

Senior squad member

Re: European Fixtures

16 Oct 2021 09:34 am:

That’s fair enough - I was just keen to get out there as soon as possible to make the most of being in a new city etc 8-)

I checked out the public transport and the train seems to run early enough to get me to the airport in time for check in etc and so braved the early flight - let’s hope the French don’t do what they do best - strike!
Hero in the making

16 Oct 2021 10:02 am:

tigerchef wrote:Yep, apologises, I meant Part Dieu. Next time I won't warn people and keep it to myself. Hovis, I will leave it to you why Hotel Ibis just outside the train station isnt the best place to stay or the best Rugby bars to drink in.

I'm flouncing out of this thread.

You posted 3 times (once in CAPs) that the fare is €40 each way despite Stuart & myself posting what the prices are and both of us adding a link to the train site. (buy today at €24.5 Return £10.30 e/w or €26.7 return 30 days or fewer).
Your posts made it look like we were telling porkies. :D
Vice-Captain

19 Oct 2021 19:46 pm:

Has anyone bought tickets for the Lyon game yet? Just had a look and plenty available, would be good to be sat by like minded supporters
Hall of Famer

19 Oct 2021 21:19 pm:

Not yet, I was waiting to see where a few others bought them too!
Hero in the making

19 Oct 2021 21:44 pm:

Tribune Serfim, cat 1, yellow,

Chose this area because others had said they are in same vicinity.
Vice-Captain

20 Oct 2021 06:52 am:

Stayed in Lyon for 3 nights for the Bourgogne game many years ago. Whilst a nice city with plenty of fancy Dan restaurants there did seem to be distinct lack of bars / pubs that you would normally associate with rugby types.
In fairness that was pre Google Maps lol, but do recall blundering around trying to find them
Hall of Famer

20 Oct 2021 07:23 am:

Windermere, yes, the liveliest bar we found was the one outside the ground in Bourgoin, where Ludo pitched up, also 2 great supporter groups outside the ground running their own entertainment.

I remember Lyon more for the food and the bouchon, and one fateful mistake with Andouillette !

I guess Lyon were Div2 back then, and sadly Bourgoin are now National, or 3rd division.

20 Oct 2021 07:39 am:

Looking like we can't make it. But was there for the European Finals a couple of years ago and plenty of good bars. Our maxim is 'if in doubt head for an Irish bar' you won't be disappointed by Kelly's as a base . Food, beer and atmosphere were excellent. A night on the Cherry Chouffe (8% kriek) has to done.
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Hall of Famer

20 Oct 2021 08:11 am:

Each to their own ... I generally dislike Irish bars outside of Ireland.
Vice-Captain

20 Oct 2021 14:14 pm:

Now booked. Fly in from Heathrow Friday morning, city centre hotel sorted, fly back to Heathrow first thing Monday.

Counting down the days. Hopefully won’t get tear gassed this time…
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby