Teams Up

Hall of Famer
Posts: 1908

Re: Teams Up

08 Oct 2021 13:03 pm:

Worcester did not seem to contest our lineout ball. Leicester did, to reasonable effect, and Sale probably will. The lineout will be very important tomorrow.
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1624

Re: Teams Up

08 Oct 2021 13:13 pm:

If we can hold our own up front we will win this, our back line man for man in my opinion is much stronger than theirs, Macginty is a big loss for them and not having one of their big lumps in centre changes the way they will have to play.
We just need to avoid getting into an arm wrestle with that pack.
Hall of Famer
Posts: 2379

Re: Teams Up

08 Oct 2021 14:21 pm:

Simmo468 wrote:If we can hold our own up front we will win this, our back line man for man in my opinion is much stronger than theirs, Macginty is a big loss for them and not having one of their big lumps in centre changes the way they will have to play.
We just need to avoid getting into an arm wrestle with that pack.


Agreed. That Sale pack is massive.

They’ve lost some big names, right across that XV. On the basis of the respective teams, we should be winning this game.

I think, at home, we’ll have enough, particularly with the strength of our bench. I’m going for a Glaws win by 5.
"Remember that Rugby is team game; all 14 of you make sure that you pass the ball to Jonah"
Hall of Famer
Posts: 3127

Re: Teams Up

08 Oct 2021 15:39 pm:

They’ve thrown everything at their pack. The bench is similarly loaded. I don’t think our backs even need 50% of ball to do lots of damage. It’s ‘up the jumper’ for Sale and throw the ball around for us. Two sides with two totally different agendas. It’ll be interesting if we even bother with a rolling maul, even though it’s a good weapon for us, I think our backs will want the ball at every opportunity.
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1624

Re: Teams Up

08 Oct 2021 15:48 pm:

Baz wrote:They’ve thrown everything at their pack. The bench is similarly loaded. I don’t think our backs even need 50% of ball to do lots of damage. It’s ‘up the jumper’ for Sale and throw the ball around for us. Two sides with two totally different agendas. It’ll be interesting if we even bother with a rolling maul, even though it’s a good weapon for us, I think our backs will want the ball at every opportunity.


We need to do enough to stop them and keep the penalty count down.
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1745
Location: Brummagem

Re: Teams Up

08 Oct 2021 15:56 pm:

Dry, warm and windless. It could be a great game if there are no random cards.
Hall of Famer
Posts: 3127

Re: Teams Up

08 Oct 2021 16:12 pm:

Simmo468 wrote:
Baz wrote:They’ve thrown everything at their pack. The bench is similarly loaded. I don’t think our backs even need 50% of ball to do lots of damage. It’s ‘up the jumper’ for Sale and throw the ball around for us. Two sides with two totally different agendas. It’ll be interesting if we even bother with a rolling maul, even though it’s a good weapon for us, I think our backs will want the ball at every opportunity.


We need to do enough to stop them and keep the penalty count down.


I agree, I was just pointing out the strength of the back lines. IF our forwards match them, I can only see one set of backs coming out on top. We won’t play such an underpowered Sale team again. Ours to lose?
Hall of Famer
Posts: 3528
Location: Gloucester

Re: Teams Up

08 Oct 2021 16:23 pm:

There’s a reason Sale have only scored one try in the second half this season. In each game they’ve started strongly and conceded most of their points after the break. Exeter showed last week you just need to run their big boys ragged and they’ll be shattered by half time, much like playing a French side. If we can hold them up front then our backs should be able to get the job done.
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5150

Re: Teams Up

08 Oct 2021 17:45 pm:

I'm loving that backline.

Serious wheels in the back three.
On the board
Posts: 837

Re: Teams Up

08 Oct 2021 18:53 pm:

Meehan needs to up the speed of his service massively. Not sure why he is starting over Varney?? Unless Varney is injured?
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby