Well done CM-K for sticking to yellow.

Re: Premiership Round 4 Games

10 Oct 2021 15:44 pm:

FT: Wasps 26 v 20 Saints.
aka John Neary
Hall of Famer

10 Oct 2021 19:46 pm:

Chalker wrote:Well done CM-K for sticking to yellow.

C M-K: ‘direct contact to the head with quite a bit of force and he hasn’t dropped height at all, but it doesn’t look like a red to me!’ Erm, what is the definition of a red then Craig?
The older I get the faster I was. Used to be known as Peanutcoxy
Hero in the making

10 Oct 2021 19:50 pm:

Graham Cartmell wrote:

C M-K: ‘direct contact to the head with quite a bit of force and he hasn’t dropped height at all, but it doesn’t look like a red to me!’ Erm, what is the definition of a red then Craig?

Quite! Was stunned by that, and the TMO certainly disagreed.
Senior squad member

10 Oct 2021 20:12 pm:

Graham Cartmell wrote:

I think that by the letter of the law it was a red however I'm inclined to agree with Chalker, no swinging arm, no intent and no damage done. I think Yellow was about right and yes I know we can all sight other examples of situations where a similar offence has been a red card but wind the clock back a few years and this wouldn't even have been a penalty, not that I'm suggesting it shouldn't be at least a yellow. Personally I thought CMK handled it well and it seemed to me that setting aside this particular incident the TMO wanted to interfere rather too much.
Hall of Famer

10 Oct 2021 20:25 pm:

Sorry, but I keep looking at the table. I know,I know, early days but.......
:D :o :D
Hall of Famer

10 Oct 2021 20:34 pm:

I agree with C M-K yellow was fine. No swinging arm so yellow is sufficient for me.
Hero in the making

11 Oct 2021 16:36 pm:

Not1eyed wrote:I agree with C M-K yellow was fine. No swinging arm so yellow is sufficient for me.

Unfortunately, Paul Hull (citing officer) disagreed with both of you. Gaby Oghre now cited. Assuming he misses at least 1 game and Tom Cruse does not complete return to play protocols, then we only have Dan Frost and an academy lad left for next weekend. Alfie Barbeary being injured.
‘Politicians and diapers must be changed often and for the same reason.’ Mark Twain.
Hero in the making

13 Oct 2021 11:40 am:

Gaby has just been banned for 3 games. If he applies to World Rugby for a Coaching Intervention and completes the intervention to the satisfaction of World Rugby then his suspension will be two matches.

The big question being asked at Wasps is why Tom Penny, who stuck his finger in Jimmy Gopps eye and then gobbed off to the ref, only got a 2 week ban? I guess it's because he's a wonderful chap who sees old ladies all the way across the road and doesn't just leave them at the traffic island in the middle :twisted:
‘Politicians and diapers must be changed often and for the same reason.’ Mark Twain.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby