Glaws vs Sale - OGT

Re: Glaws vs Sale - OGT

11 Oct 2021 16:38 pm:

Looks like we're getting a whole new set of followers https://twitter.com/RugbyRussia/status/1447591504776679428?s=20
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Hall of Famer

11 Oct 2021 16:56 pm:

Maybe it part of the plan,
1) get a Russian player in
2)let the fans watch the rugby on the Russian app for free
3) build a Russian fan base
4) sell club to Russian Oligarch
Hall of Famer

11 Oct 2021 17:09 pm:

Given the history of the club, and some of the props we've had in the past, always a surprise we never 'pinched' a Georgian prop after one of our trips to France in the Heineken Cup or Bic-Biro.

There's loads of them in the French leagues, all down the pyramid.

Certainly looks like Kirill (sp?) will become a favourite after his last 2 matches.
Hall of Famer

11 Oct 2021 19:56 pm:

stuartjames wrote:Given the history of the club, and some of the props we've had in the past, always a surprise we never 'pinched' a Georgian prop after one of our trips to France in the Heineken Cup or Bic-Biro.

There's loads of them in the French leagues, all down the pyramid.

Certainly looks like Kirill (sp?) will become a favourite after his last 2 matches.

Well… we do have VRR.
Vice-Captain

12 Oct 2021 07:58 am:

colinboag wrote:steckers, when Govotsvev was signed one of our number posted 'Awful signing. Total lack of ambition from Glos again', while another said that recent signings reminded him of the latter days of Melville's reign, 'dire'. So, I think there was a fair bit of negativity.

When our Russian prop appeared in the pre-season games, I think he was referred to as a penalty machine - credit to the coaches for what they've done

You beat me to it Colin. I have to say that I was somewhat disappointed when he was being slated without ever having played a game for us. Shedwebbers having to eat humble pie for massive over reaction shock.......... :lol:
Hall of Famer

12 Oct 2021 08:40 am:

Well… we do have VRR.

I forgot he was Georgian-born.
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby