Glaws vs Sale - OGT

On the board

Re: Glaws vs Sale - OGT

11 Oct 2021 14:59 pm:

How did the new hooker go - didn’t make the game and can get no sense from my boy who said he went !
Hall of Famer

11 Oct 2021 15:01 pm:

I saw that in the replay as well, :D , but a few minutes later he was telling Mr Ridley what the Sale LH was doing wrong.

Whatever, he seems to have settled in well, and does make a lot of tackles.
Hall of Famer

11 Oct 2021 15:05 pm:

How did the new hooker go - didn’t make the game and can get no sense from my boy who said he went !

Looked ok, not on Jonny May's Xmas list though, played at a ball/pass that was a cut out for JM and the ball went dead.

Only played about 20 mins, and they collectively weren't our best.
On the board

11 Oct 2021 15:13 pm:

Thank you , bit hard to judge in those circumstances I guess
Hall of Famer

11 Oct 2021 15:26 pm:

colinboag wrote:When I made the mild comment that I'd like to see AH go for nearer to the corner on penalty kicks, it was typical SW that someone had to do a comparison with LE's occasional misses! I think we're really lucky to have both LE/AH, and I expect them both to feature, as hopefully will Barton. BTW, if you watch BT Sports coverage of games, it's one of Healey's hot buttons at present that some kickers are too conservative - he gave 'lazy' Dan Biggar criticism for exactly that on Sunday. With our maul, a 5M lineout is very likely to get us a try..from 15M out the odds are less.

I have no issue with LE, he's been great for us.

You'll score less driving mauls from 10m vs 5m, you'll score even less from missing touch.

12T and LE's misses aren't occasional enough. A high proportion of Glos fans have bemoaned the lack of a proper kicker for a very long time... I find it a "typical SW" comment mild or not that people want to knock a guy in his second start for us.
Hall of Famer

11 Oct 2021 15:48 pm:

Jeppy , I was not criticising Hastings per se just pointing out that Lloyd likes to go for the 5m yet some on here like to claim he is not worthy. I haven't dug through the stats to check out how many he has kicked dead so if you have and think he has missed 2 of of 10 then ok.
Hastings looks a fantastic signing and all things being equal he will be out first choice #10 BUT he will be unavailable due to international duty for a fair proportion of the season and that is without injuries. We need Lloyd and Barton to play #10 as personally I don't want Billy playing there unless in an emergency so the constant kicking Lloyd gets on here is counter productive to me.
Ken Smith (once upon a time Mr Realistic)
Dude

11 Oct 2021 16:08 pm:

I think the fact GS was happy to start Govotsvev two games running with Jamal on the bench says all you need to know about his abilities. I thought he was tremendous on Saturday and was clearly loving it. I loved him geeing up the crowd as he ran out for the second half.
Site Admin

11 Oct 2021 16:24 pm:

On weeks he doesn’t play, I want to see him wrestling members of the crowd at half time..
Think he's got potential to be a fan favourite..
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
On the board

11 Oct 2021 16:33 pm:

The ovation Kirill got when he went off was lovely and he clearly appreciated it.
Hall of Famer

11 Oct 2021 16:36 pm:

shedwebadmin wrote:On weeks he doesn’t play, I want to see him wrestling members of the crowd at half time..

When he's not playing, he'd make a good anchorman for the tug-of-war team...
Previously Mark from Stroud
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby