Goal line drop out counter tactic

Hall of Famer

Re: Goal line drop out counter tactic

10 Oct 2021 10:42 am:

lucifer wrote:Apparently that was Hasting's first ever.

To be fair it looked a bit like it as well :D Still, straight between the posts, 3 points, just the job ...
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.

10 Oct 2021 10:45 am:

I think he kept it low and wobbly to counter the strong wind conditions. :D
aka John Neary
First team regular

10 Oct 2021 10:53 am:

coleser wrote:
Sozpr wrote:I don’t know if this has been covered in other threads. Correct me if I’m wrong by, today was to first drop goal since Freddie Burns. The winning points

I think you’re right. Drop goals are rarer than rocking horse poo these days - and I reckon it’s because teams are now given a definitive period of penalty advantage (ie until they mess up).

Here’s a staggering statistic: Ludovic Mercier kicked 17 (seventeen) drop goals during his first season with the Gloucester club.

The advantage and the bonus point. A lot less situations where a quick 3 to keep the score board moving makes sense.
Hall of Famer

10 Oct 2021 12:32 pm:

According to a recent tweet from the club, it was our first successful drop goal since 2015. A really clever piece of game management from Adam Hastings, which proved crucial.
"In my experience, eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles."

Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones
Site Admin

10 Oct 2021 15:30 pm:

2015? Really? That’s aeons ago.. wow.

There’s only a very few ways of scoring points in this game, so to not exploit one of them is nuts!
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby