Attendance

Hall of Famer

Re: Attendance

11 Oct 2021 14:37 pm:

There definitely were not 13,500 spectators in the ground.
On the board

11 Oct 2021 14:38 pm:

I've made a decision to not buy food or drink at the ground.

£6 for a pint, in a plastic cup they've made difficult to return, is anything but reasonable. That is almost double the Deans/pelican and you get a much better drink.
Hall of Famer

11 Oct 2021 14:45 pm:

madjake wrote:I've made a decision to not buy food or drink at the ground.

£6 for a pint, in a plastic cup they've made difficult to return, is anything but reasonable. That is almost double the Deans/pelican and you get a much better drink.

I feel like I'm living in an alternate reality :lol:
Who'd have thought a pub would serve a better pint at a cheaper price than a sports ground.
Turns out for the A team

11 Oct 2021 15:03 pm:

Myself and a few others have stopped going...priced us all out..can't even go out for a fag at half time and come back in...they have lost alot of money off us as we all used to drink in the ground..will stick to watching in pub
Vice-Captain

11 Oct 2021 15:17 pm:

jimmy18 wrote:Myself and a few others have stopped going...priced us all out..can't even go out for a fag at half time and come back in...they have lost alot of money off us as we all used to drink in the ground..will stick to watching in pub

Same mate, either watch it in pub or at home on BT or via a hooky stream. Took some getting used to but no longer really miss the live experience. Also saves blowing £70 quid plus every other week too.

11 Oct 2021 15:30 pm:

Lurker wrote:
spaman wrote:Madders,
Some attendance figures are published here, if that helps.
https://www.premiershiprugby.com/gallag ... s-results/

The Gloucester numbers are at odds with what was put up during the game (10,241) whereas 13,500 onthe Premiership site!!

Odd

The premiership regularly get them wrong. I've actually had to get some corrected , especially one non gloucester match where the Att listed was 3500 above the max capacity :D
aka John Neary
Hall of Famer

11 Oct 2021 15:36 pm:

I'm sad but glad there are a number of posters on here that feel priced out and have stopped going like I have. I accept that the club has no loyalty to older fans and anyone who buys a ticket is fine but for me, as a non smoker and driver to kingsholm, it just doesn't represent value for money any more.
I remember a few years ago when I ceased mine and my sons season tickets we were never contacted. I have bought tickets occasionally since then but never have I been contacted to "tempt me back" with any kind of offer.
If available I would happily watch a PRC game for £10 to £15 but £35 to £40 to stand on an uncovered terrace......come on!
Ken Smith (once upon a time Mr Realistic)
Hall of Famer

11 Oct 2021 15:51 pm:

So to prove my point, if we get 12,000 at £40 a go we make £480k. If people think the tickets to stand should be £15 so lets say £20 on average for the whole ground we'd need 24,000 there to gain the same revenue. Dropping the prices meaningfully just doesn't add up.
On the board

11 Oct 2021 15:53 pm:

I really hope that Prem Rugby and the RFU get to see customer feedback like this. The customer experience doesn't seem that great.

I decided just before covid that I was going to not renew my membership and go and watch local rugby instead. I thought I might, but I haven't missed Kingsholm at all. I had the opportunity of a free ticket on Saturday and turned it down.

None of the things that bothered me are major just lots of little things, queues at the bar, nothing happening at half time in 75% of the ground, overpriced hot dogs, people up and down in their seats blocking the view during the game. What was happening on the pitch wasn't enough to keep me engaged. The Lions den was always good but packed.

Now I go to and watch local rugby, I'm fully aware that the standard is a million miles away from the Premiership but you still get the emotion of watching a good hard game of rugby, with the odd flash of skill and skull-duggery.

I love my city and always check the results for Rugby, Football and Cricket. I hope that the clubs involved try a lot harder to engage the local fan base, otherwise as others have stated, the armchair and BT sport will win.
Hall of Famer

11 Oct 2021 16:01 pm:

lovejoy wrote:So to prove my point, if we get 12,000 at £40 a go we make £480k. If people think the tickets to stand should be £15 so lets say £20 on average for the whole ground we'd need 24,000 there to gain the same revenue. Dropping the prices meaningfully just doesn't add up.

But you don't get 12000 at £40 a go with season tickets and concessions and I am not saying Prem games should cost £15 but maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle???
Ken Smith (once upon a time Mr Realistic)
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby