Attendance

On a trial

Attendance

10 Oct 2021 11:05 am:

Where was the crowd yesterday ? So much space in the shed and large gaps all around in the stands
Hall of Famer

Re: Attendance

10 Oct 2021 11:14 am:

Perfect storm of Covid, pricing and general cost of refreshments in the stadium. It’s a great idea to have the £10 kids tickets but if you are in the Grandstand with a season ticket it’s quite difficult to find a spare seat that you know is going to be available nearby.

I also think some supporters may be taking the opportunity to get away now to warmer foreign destinations, particularly those who are older and whose kids may have flown the nest.

This isn’t just an issue for Gloucester either, attendances are down on pre-pandemic levels throughout the league
Hall of Famer

10 Oct 2021 11:38 am:

What was the official figure?
They don’t like it up ‘em.

10 Oct 2021 11:47 am:

10,241 iirc.
Vice-Captain

10 Oct 2021 11:47 am:

10k and a bit.
Hall of Famer

10 Oct 2021 11:48 am:

Thanks Lewi. Where did you find that? It seems that attendance figures are no longer included in match reports .
They don’t like it up ‘em.
Hall of Famer

10 Oct 2021 11:53 am:

The crowd attendance was announced at the match and posted on the big screens.

The 10,241 number is also stated in today's match report in the Sunday Times which has the strapline "Gloucester survive late scare".
On the board

10 Oct 2021 11:54 am:

Posted this yesterday on the game thread
Attachments
94A7C4B2-F00B-44EB-B0DD-DE1B7FD823E5.jpeg
Hall of Famer

10 Oct 2021 13:17 pm:

I think it mainly boils down to our ridiculous pricing policy with pay on the day spectators being charged an arm and a leg to get in. Look at Cinderford, over 500 yesterday - the biggest crowd I can remember them getting, and Hartpury, over 1,000 for the 2nd successive home game. I think people are voting with their feet and going to watch decent standard rugby at affordable prices. Our marketing 'team' need to get a grip on reality so if they want to attract a decent crowd make it affordable - and, of course answer the bloody phones! It's easier getting a day pass to North Korea than buy a ticket to Kingsholm. Personally I expect nothing to happen and the crowd to dip below 10,000 for the Newcastle match. Any idea when the crowd was last so low for a league match, DT?
Hero in the making

10 Oct 2021 13:30 pm:

lucifer wrote:I think it mainly boils down to our ridiculous pricing policy with pay on the day spectators being charged an arm and a leg to get in. Look at Cinderford, over 500 yesterday - the biggest crowd I can remember them getting, and Hartpury, over 1,000 for the 2nd successive home game. I think people are voting with their feet and going to watch decent standard rugby at affordable prices. Our marketing 'team' need to get a grip on reality so if they want to attract a decent crowd make it affordable - and, of course answer the bloody phones! It's easier getting a day pass to North Korea than buy a ticket to Kingsholm. Personally I expect nothing to happen and the crowd to dip below 10,000 for the Newcastle match. Any idea when the crowd was last so low for a league match, DT?

Hear hear to all of that
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby