Attendance

Hall of Famer

Re: Attendance

11 Oct 2021 22:06 pm:

I know little about football. Are their gates down compared to pre pandemic?
Hall of Famer

11 Oct 2021 22:14 pm:

I wonder if lack of relegation is playing a part and games almost being too readily available on TV during lockdown.

Must admit I’ve lost the desire to go, I much prefer going to the races where the facilities are better.
Hall of Famer

11 Oct 2021 22:49 pm:

lovejoy wrote:..and my point is at £25 a ticket we’d need crowds of over 19,000 to maintain revenue. So unless owners are prepared to foot the shortfall for subsidised tickets, the prices won’t significantly drop.

I'm not talking about the whole ground, just standing tickets. And if we're going to be bumping along at 10,000 as things stand those extra (after taking away STH's) paying £40 won't be amounting to much. Gloucester is a working class city and times are hard, we need to have cheaper tickets to make attending affordable for our traditional base - or are we trying to rival Bath for the barbour brigade? If so it doesn't seem to be working.
Hero in the making

12 Oct 2021 05:49 am:

Just to be clear.

Standard Adult Shed ticket is £35 with the exception of Exeter & Bristol games which are £40.

Tump adult is £25 (£30)

All reduced by £5 for Cherry club members.

With the exception of the Tump all "Walk up" prices are Down on 2 seasons ago (last season of normallity).
2 seasons ago there was the early bird discount (buy 17 days in advance, iirc) that has been replaced by the Cherry club discount when you can buy at anytime but £30 adult fee to join.*

*=away tickets not available :D

12 Oct 2021 06:53 am:

I’d be interested in whether ‘Cherry Club’ membership is deemed successful, no doubt we’ll find out next season. Not for me, and don’t know anyone that’s signed up for it. I know a lot of others like myself would rather the old early bird discount that applied up to the Thursday before the match, if I make the late decision for a 2-3 hour round trip then the increase in price on a pair of tickets certainly puts me off.
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Hall of Famer

12 Oct 2021 06:54 am:

What can't be denied is that there is significant unused capacity that the club appears to be making no effort to fill. This seems to be financially remiss to me in a time of financial difficulty. Whether it is cheap/free tickets for school or rugby club children, reaching out to people in their database (that have previously purchased tickets) or just flash offers for "unattractive games". Just sitting back and saying if we get a winning team then people will come is short sighted at best and financially reckless at worse IMVHO.
Ken Smith (once upon a time Mr Realistic)

12 Oct 2021 07:00 am:

I think that’s a bit unfair…last week was £10 for kids anywhere, although that ‘anywhere’ is difficult if you’ve a ST seat…

But you’re right e.g. Tigers put out huge amount of tickets to students and community groups, as do Wasps and others. We may do, but I’ve never heard of anyone getting there hands on any.
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Hall of Famer

12 Oct 2021 07:23 am:

I prefer harsh but fair KPB ;) Sadly this is nothing new at Gloucester. When I lapsed my season ticket a few years ago there was no communication or follow up which I thought strange and I don't think that has changed. I know there were redundancies in the ticket office and elsewhere in the backroom of the club but the lack of engagement does seem a bit short sighted to me.
Yes kids for £10 is a step in the right direction although not much of an offer in the standing sections. As has been mentioned at the beginning of this thread the upcoming fixture against Newcastle is traditionally one of the lower gates so are there any steps being taken to address that?
Ken Smith (once upon a time Mr Realistic)
Hall of Famer

12 Oct 2021 07:26 am:

Buy 2 full priced children’s tickets and 1 adult goes free?
Tuffty

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
First team regular

12 Oct 2021 07:41 am:

The bars etc don't seem to handle 10k capacity so well let alone 16k, how will anyone see the game if they're still queuing at the bars :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's embarrassing asking friends or family to come along with us at £40 a pop
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby