Looking forward

Hall of Famer

Looking forward

10 Oct 2021 16:01 pm:

Looking at the next few weeks there is a real opportunity for us to build on our position. Two winnable games with Irish away and Newcastle at home, whist neither side will be a walk over but if we can win both of those games it will really help confidence going into the Chiefs game.
Hall of Famer

Re: Looking forward

10 Oct 2021 16:36 pm:

I do not think Newcastle, even at CG are in any way easy and the close result yesterday where Leicester only just beat Irish suggests your predictions are rather starry-eyed.

That said, two wins in a row will have built confidence and, provided GS gives some tough messages about yesterday’s failings, there’s reason to be a little confident.
The artist formerly known as Porky
Vice-Captain

10 Oct 2021 17:06 pm:

I’d agree that both are winnable but not easy. We could put ourselves into a strong position prior to the autumn internationals.
Hall of Famer

10 Oct 2021 17:15 pm:

Allen Prior wrote:I do not think Newcastle, even at CG are in any way easy and the close result yesterday where Leicester only just beat Irish suggests your predictions are rather starry-eyed.

That said, two wins in a row will have built confidence and, provided GS gives some tough messages about yesterday’s failings, there’s reason to be a little confident.

Sorry didn’t realise I had predicted anything, I acknowledged they are not easy games but in a league as competitive as this these are the games we have to take points from to build momentum.
Hall of Famer

10 Oct 2021 17:35 pm:

No easy games in this league. Why I think we should be delighted with the last 2 weeks results.
Vice-Captain

10 Oct 2021 18:27 pm:

No easy games but some easier than others. These next two do present an opportunity. I’d personally be happy enough if we won just the one of them.

The performance rather than the score will be more important. This is still a development season in my mind with a ‘money ball’ squad.

No shame in that, just living within our means.
Vice-Captain

11 Oct 2021 08:50 am:

While there are no easy games, these next games are the ones that we should be targeting for wins, otherwise we can kiss goodbye to our Top 8 chances.

11 Oct 2021 09:09 am:

On the positive side we have have won two out of four, could have been three or even four out of four if we'd ridden our luck at Franklin's gardens and the game v Leicester.

After the Saints game I feared zero out of four but at the moment seeing no reason why we can't get to four out six wins. The 'brain farts ' are under our control it is discipline, airy fairy tackling and going AWOL for periods during the game that are costing us and not the opposition.

Leaving the off field/club management distractions to one side, I'm behind the team and entering the new week feeling fairly chipper.
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....

Return to Gloucester Rugby