Rugby Tonight

Dude
Posts: 5610

Rugby Tonight

11 Oct 2021 17:59 pm:

A bit late but it can be viewed on catchup........

This week was about the best Premiership tries and the main focus was on two of ours - no surprises as to which two!

It was very enjoyable though and they had Sinbad as special guest with BoD and Craig Doyle really taking the proverbial out of Lol, who in fairness took it in great spirit.
Vice-Captain
Posts: 334

Re: Rugby Tonight

11 Oct 2021 19:56 pm:

It was excellent and you’re right, Lol took it in good spirits. The best comment was the Simpson went one way, Daniel went the other and Lol was left holding the hyphen :D :D
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1215

Re: Rugby Tonight

11 Oct 2021 19:58 pm:

BOD calling Quins queens was also quite amusing…
Pun-Master General
Posts: 523

Re: Rugby Tonight

11 Oct 2021 20:22 pm:

West Oxon Glaws wrote:It was excellent and you’re right, Lol took it in good spirits. The best comment was the Simpson went one way, Daniel went the other and Lol was left holding the hyphen :D :D


Good to see that joke being brought up to date :lol:
I think it was originally used 60 years ago by the Irish International Mick English (against himself) describing his attempts to tackle Phil Horrocks-Taylor.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1762
Location: Holding on to the floor

Re: Rugby Tonight

11 Oct 2021 21:19 pm:

Geoffy wrote:
West Oxon Glaws wrote:It was excellent and you’re right, Lol took it in good spirits. The best comment was the Simpson went one way, Daniel went the other and Lol was left holding the hyphen :D :D


Good to see that joke being brought up to date :lol:
I think it was originally used 60 years ago by the Irish International Mick English (against himself) describing his attempts to tackle Phil Horrocks-Taylor.

You are correct. Good phrase nonetheless
The artist formerly known as Porky
On the board
Posts: 759

Re: Rugby Tonight

12 Oct 2021 04:36 am:

Lebowski wrote:A bit late but it can be viewed on catchup........

This week was about the best Premiership tries and the main focus was on two of ours - no surprises as to which two!

It was very enjoyable though and they had Sinbad as special guest with BoD and Craig Doyle really taking the proverbial out of Lol, who in fairness took it in great spirit.


What was the other Gloucester try they featured?
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1586

Re: Rugby Tonight

12 Oct 2021 05:48 am:

coleser wrote:What was the other Gloucester try they featured?

Ollie running the length of the cotswolds
(I don't feel Ben ever gets the credit he deserves for the step and pass!)
On the board
Posts: 759

Re: Rugby Tonight

12 Oct 2021 06:55 am:

Ah, of course. Magical. And I agree about Morgs.
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1408
Location: Northants

Re: Rugby Tonight

12 Oct 2021 17:22 pm:

Just watching this. The overriding feeling is the endless fraternal love and respect between rugby players. They just love watching great skills. A heart warming watch. Highly recommended.
Moderator
Posts: 5509
Location: Would like (love) to be in a bar !

Re: Rugby Tonight

12 Oct 2021 17:29 pm:

NorthernShedHead, totally agree. Ben started the move, used his feet, dummied, accelerated and gave a superb pass to Thorley, a pass that the very best centre would be proud of.

Return to Gloucester Rugby