Saracens still cheating….

Hall of Famer

Re: Saracens still cheating….

15 Oct 2021 19:49 pm:

Gloucester Mute wrote:Hopefully someone will count up the crooked feeds, extra yards taken by kickers, blocking, creeping off-side and a myriad of other chicanery by GRFC players in the game this Sunday and apologise to LI.

Grow up haters.

Why is wanting the laws of rugby properly implemented, hating ?
What's the point of having laws and not enforcing them, the crooked scrum feed is a classic example its meant to be a contest, if the 9 puts it into the second row then why not just restart with a free ball? Crossing and dummy runners really gets me annoyed, its obstruction but rarely gets picked up, all these little things are spoiling rugby, imvho of course
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2021 20:33 pm:

robs1 wrote:
Gloucester Mute wrote:Hopefully someone will count up the crooked feeds, extra yards taken by kickers, blocking, creeping off-side and a myriad of other chicanery by GRFC players in the game this Sunday and apologise to LI.

Grow up haters.

Why is wanting the laws of rugby properly implemented, hating ?
What's the point of having laws and not enforcing them, the crooked scrum feed is a classic example its meant to be a contest, if the 9 puts it into the second row then why not just restart with a free ball? Crossing and dummy runners really gets me annoyed, its obstruction but rarely gets picked up, all these little things are spoiling rugby, imvho of course

The one that really annoys me is the hooker standing on the pitch to throw into the lineout they all seem to do it now.

Do agree with Mute, all sides try it on sometimes you get away with it sometimes you don't.
Hero in the making

15 Oct 2021 20:35 pm:

Grow up haters.

Boring.
‘Politicians and diapers must be changed often and for the same reason.’ Mark Twain.
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2021 21:07 pm:

He won't be able to respond, he's writing his defence of Foley and Tempest, bless....
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2021 21:25 pm:

If Gloucester did it, it is brilliant and if any other club did it, it’s cheating. I’m really not sure why that is so difficult to understand? It really is a very simple rule and worked for about 100 years until web sites emerged and we had ‘rugger fans’ claiming to be Gloucester supporters.
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2021 21:49 pm:

[quote="stuartjames"]He won't be able to respond, he's writing his defence of Foley and Tempest, bless....[/quote

How many years did you referee relatively high-level rugby matches for Stuart ?? I think you need to have had some level of experience before criticising those deemed to be among the best we have. Very easy being an expert sitting at home on your sofa or "Eeyoring" from The Shed. :roll:

Belgian matches can even count.... ;)
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

16 Oct 2021 07:39 am:

Mute, none at all.

But I realise that there's good and bad refs, and they all make mistakes. Hopefully things balance themselves out across the match and/or season.

If Dickson, or Foley, even Tempest make a howler I don't understand the logic that they can't be criticised ? They're getting paid to officiate, value for money is relevant in that scenario. Professional sport deserves professional officials.

The Saracens try last week, the forward pass in the game last night; these things have an impact when the ref and his team get things wrong.
Hall of Famer

17 Oct 2021 11:14 am:

Mute…

As far as I can see, in the last 24 hours you’ve jumped to the defence of referees on 3 separate threads? I wonder whether you stop to consider the point that is being made by others before unleashing accusations of ignorance, or whether you’re just a self-appointed defender of all things referee? To reassure you, criticism and respect are not mutually exclusive.

Your oft used “only experts can make valid comment” argument is an interesting (I mean nonsensical) one. By your measure…

Only virologists should comment on Covid.

Only high level scrum halves should contribute to any discussion on Charlie Chapman’s potential.

Only racists, General Custer and those victim to their discrimination (sitting bull perhaps) should comment on the moral dilemma posed by faux Native American headdress at Exeter Chief games.

Only those with experience of national government should muse on the state of Westminster and the capacity of Boris and his current opposition…(why bother voting at all?)

I’ll also be mindful not to remark on the horrors of war come remembrance Sunday seeing that I have no first hand experience of it.

Experts tend to develop their expertise in a relatively narrow field. If, as you suggest, we should only comment on what we have experience of I guess we’ll all need to shut-up on most things.

I will tell the other half - she doesn’t drive you see and yet still seems to recognise bad and dangerous driving when she sees it. Odd.
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby