Saracens still cheating….

Hall of Famer

Re: Saracens still cheating….

15 Oct 2021 10:01 am:

KPB, I find your posts informing ,useful and often amusing.
They don’t like it up ‘em.

15 Oct 2021 10:09 am:

Pre covid Dickson was to be " demoted " to the Championship. They made JPD redundant and kept Dickson. I know which one I prefer.
aka John Neary
First team regular

15 Oct 2021 10:33 am:

DieTrying wrote:Pre covid Dickson was to be " demoted " to the Championship. They made JPD redundant and kept Dickson. I know which one I prefer.

That's simply not true. He was added to the panel for Championship referees alongside being on the Premiership panel. It was shown to be a fallacy at the time when he took on a tier 1 international as a touch at the same time as the non-existent demotion. Doyle may have been made redundant from the full time refs the same as Tempest but he could have chosen to continue reffing on the panel, again the same as Tempest. Doyle's choice to no longer ref in the Premiership.
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2021 10:41 am:

The problem for Sarries is - when you are a known, proven cheat, every little thing will be highlighted. They made their bed, they can now lie in it.

FWIW, I'd be much more inclined to move on if they had been punished properly and had all their domestic AND european cups taken away.
Hero in the making

15 Oct 2021 10:59 am:

steckers wrote:The problem for Sarries is - when you are a known, proven cheat, every little thing will be highlighted. They made their bed, they can now lie in it.

FWIW, I'd be much more inclined to move on if they had been punished properly and had all their domestic AND european cups taken away.

I would start moving on if the cheats started showing some awareness of their crimes and evidenced some remorse. The fact that they refused letting their books being opened is very telling in itself.
‘Politicians and diapers must be changed often and for the same reason.’ Mark Twain.
On the board

15 Oct 2021 11:17 am:

RossM wrote:
steckers wrote:The problem for Sarries is - when you are a known, proven cheat, every little thing will be highlighted. They made their bed, they can now lie in it.

I would start moving on if the cheats started showing some awareness of their crimes and evidenced some remorse. The fact that they refused letting their books being opened is very telling in itself.

This.
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2021 12:13 pm:

stuartjames wrote:
Every kicker does that and crooked feeds are all too common , however the law about quick throws using the "wrong" ball seems to be applied so why not for this "try" .
It would only take a few refs making a stand to stop the crooked feeds

But no ref does; just because every kicker does it, every scrum-half does it etc shouldn't be enough to ignore the law. In this case, why should 2 balls be enforced when a whole load of other laws are ignored.

At lower levels, all sorts of off the ball stuff is ignored because the ref's not watching and the touch judges (NOT ARs) are biased, but obvious stuff like lineout not straight, crooked scrum feeds etc are nearly always sanctioned. At pro-level, they ignore all the stuff that fan's notice; offside, crooked feeds etc because they've been told not to bother.

Oh and in this case, it wasn't a quick feed at the line out, it was a quick tap penalty using the wrong ball.

The point I was making is you cant use "the wrong ball" at lineout so neither should you be allowed to use another ball for a quick tap, especially as there was already a ball on the pitch and the defending players were probably watching that ball to see if a quick tap was going to happen,
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2021 13:04 pm:

Charlie wrote:
DieTrying wrote:Pre covid Dickson was to be " demoted " to the Championship. They made JPD redundant and kept Dickson. I know which one I prefer.

That's simply not true. He was added to the panel for Championship referees alongside being on the Premiership panel. It was shown to be a fallacy at the time when he took on a tier 1 international as a touch at the same time as the non-existent demotion. Doyle may have been made redundant from the full time refs the same as Tempest but he could have chosen to continue reffing on the panel, again the same as Tempest. Doyle's choice to no longer ref in the Premiership.

I don’t think it was really his choice he does after all need to earn a salary. He is now actually teaching in Scotland as well as refereeing local games.
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2021 13:33 pm:

What were those words Saracens used to have on signs are their training ground again? Wasn't it something to do with honesty, integrity or something like that?

I don't really have a dog in the fight with this game but am a little frustrated that the officials didn't spot this. Firstly, you cannot take a quick tap with a different ball. That's basic and the officials should've really spotted that. Farrell having another ball in his possession I can understand being missed however.
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2021 13:36 pm:

RossM wrote:

Bang on in every respect.

If Prem Rugby are going to bottle their decision and not have the (oval) balls to do the right thing about it, then there will be no closure. It’s not just elephants that never forget.
Last edited by Tuffty on 15 Oct 2021 21:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tuffty

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby