Attendance - a poll

The number of Gloucester 21/22 home games I plan to attend are:

I'm a season ticket holder and plan to attend all games.
45%
I'm a season ticket holder and expect to attend 80% or less.
12%
No season ticket but I plan to attend between 100 to 67%
3%
No season ticket but I plan to attend between 66 to 34%
1%
No season ticket but I plan to attend between 33% to and at least one.
23%
I do not expect to attend any home games this season.
15%

Total votes : 73

Hall of Famer

Attendance - a poll

15 Oct 2021 08:26 am:

Reading the 'Attendance' thread I was surprised at how many planned to attend few ,or no, games this season. So, I thought it would be interesting to see where the Shedweb community nets out.
On the board

Re: Attendance - a poll

15 Oct 2021 09:22 am:

I was a season ticket holder from the time I stopped playing, up until I moved to Spain.
I have no plans to visit plague island in the foreseeable future as it would be an unnecessary health risk, so, unfortunately I will not be attending any matches this season.
Prior to the pandemic, I would normally come over for a couple of matches each season.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something." ~ Plato
Hero in the making

15 Oct 2021 09:39 am:

Too far away to be a season ticket holder (I appreciate that others travel an awful lot further).
Went to the Tigers and Sharks games (largely because I'd missed the matchday vibe over the last 18 months or so) and frankly wasn't bowled over by the experience/prices.
Suspect I'll do one more home game this season - but I think the club needs to have a think about its pricing policy, general communications and customer service.
I'm going through an 'I love the club, but the club doesn't really love me' phase at the moment. 'Squad of thousands' feels a bit one-sided.
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2021 09:46 am:

STH but until Covid risks IMO are less prevalent will stay away. Understand the club is commercially driven BUT really can't abide seeing a 1/3rd empty stadium and think there must be a solution of free/very cheap tickets to local schools/clubs for youngsters until numbers pick up. What are PRC and European games going to look like ?? Surely the at-ground sales bring in bottom-line revenue ??
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!

15 Oct 2021 10:06 am:

If you stay away, guess what - you don’t get a full stadium !
If you stay away, guess what - the Club doesn’t generate the revenue needed to see the improvements you want !

There are all sorts of reasons why people can’t attend - distance, family, playing, health etc - all justifiable reasons.

But you don’t attend “just because” you aren’t helping Gloucester Rugby recover and or improve.
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2021 10:42 am:

The good lady wife and I live in deepest, darkest North Yorkshire and neither of us is a keen driver. When I had family in The Forest we would come down a couple of times in the season and make a weekend of it and relish a match. However, since I have been an orphan it seems too far and for that reason alone we rarely attend even though we love the experience.
Never Stay Down.
Hero in the making

15 Oct 2021 11:45 am:

I reckon majority of Serial Moaners never go to Kingsholm anyway.
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2021 11:54 am:

Like Chris in Spain, we've no immediate plans to leave Europe for Plague Island at the moment either ...

A more cautious approach to dealing with the pandemic is being taken here in Ireland, thankfully.

Maybe if the health situation in the UK improves in the New Year we may do so, and if that happens I will try to ensure that our visit coincides with a home match.
aka Pete Western ... back to basics
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2021 11:56 am:

Not a season ticket holder but generally get to a handful of games each season. Hoping to make it a few more this year.

15 Oct 2021 12:06 pm:

Friday's aren't good for me, but since lockdown other things including local rugby seem to fill the void on a Saturday. Been to Northampton and will get down to London this weekend which just goes to show if the product is right and priced sensibly....
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby