Teams Up

Hall of Famer

Re: Teams Up

15 Oct 2021 16:22 pm:

VV wrote:However, I suspect Meehan will be kicking a fair bit, in which case we need to chase hard, as the likes of Hassell-Collins are dangerous players to have freedom to run back at us.

Out of interest has anyone seen Hassell-Collins have a good game apart from against us? Now I generally only watch the the highlights of a lot of games not involving Glaws and live on BT sport but I can't think of too many that spring to mind.
As for Meehan I thought his box kicking (to the gameplan?) was much improved last week however his service when not kicking could be better.
Also I like Carreras a lot but for me when fit Woodward is our first choice #15.
Last edited by Still Realistic on 15 Oct 2021 16:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken Smith (once upon a time Mr Realistic)
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2021 16:24 pm:

Still Realistic wrote:
VV wrote:However, I suspect Meehan will be kicking a fair bit, in which case we need to chase hard, as the likes of Hassell-Collins are dangerous players to have freedom to run back at us.

Out of interest has anyone seen Hassell-Collins have a good game apart from against us? Now I I generally only watch the the highlights of a lot of games not involving Glaws and live on BT sport but I can't think of too many that spring to mind.
As for Meehan I thought his box kicking (to the gameplan?) was much improved last week however his service when not kicking could be better.

H-C seems to be lauded by every pundit when his name crops up, so I assume he isn't playing that badly.
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2021 16:29 pm:

From the LI website:-

"Hassell-Collins has been proving himself in the senior squad ever since, scoring 13 tries in 32 appearances at the conclusion of the 2019/20 season, including an incredible four tries against Gloucester in February 2020.

Ollie received recognition for his performances by being named in Eddie Jones' training squad ahead of the 2021 summer internationals."

So he is still behind an awful lot of English wingers and somewhat on a par with Thorley?
Ken Smith (once upon a time Mr Realistic)
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2021 16:54 pm:

Just in from work and catching up with this...

Very good starting 15 but hope Val keeps his discipline.

Bench is a bit rotational which I totally get. It's important to keep an allocation of younger players/"home grown talent" involved in match day squads. I think the have a dig-at BTT crew on SW need to remember the many excellent matches he's had for us over the years. I wouldn't write him off just yet.
Vice-Captain

15 Oct 2021 20:47 pm:

NorthernShedHead wrote:May I request, and I respect it's your own choice to ignore it, that should you wish to discuss PJ you do it via private message and not let this thread descend as others have previously.

Who is this addressing?
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2021 21:32 pm:

Believe Woodward is unwell (not covid) and isn’t injured.
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby