Teams Up

Hall of Famer

Re: Teams Up

15 Oct 2021 11:24 am:

It's hard to equate that squad with pre season predictions that we would struggle to finish higher than last year.

If it comes together that could easily be a top 6 side.
Keyser Sose
Vice-Captain

15 Oct 2021 11:25 am:

Ben Carter wrote: VRR will need a storming game to justify being selected ahead of Elrington

And not give the penalties away like he did last week, which nearly cost us the game.
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2021 11:27 am:

Cracking starting XV, possibly a bit light on the bench?

Still a shame no Slater and Balmain - would love to know what’s up with them, but aware we won’t be told and that’s fine. Lacking a point of difference/game changer on the bench for me. Still no Georgi? Would have liked to see Thorley (who was supposedly fine from Worcester) or Woodward. No subs for subs sake this week please!

Irish without a prem win in 10…let’s hope Dr Gloucester don’t work Sundays :shock:
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2021 11:52 am:

Oldprop wrote:
Clive's Pants wrote:Woodward? - not again!

Maybe Carreras is seen as the better option?

Agreed - but he'd be a better bench option than Moyle surely?
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2021 11:53 am:

Longwayhome wrote:
Ben Carter wrote: VRR will need a storming game to justify being selected ahead of Elrington

And not give the penalties away like he did last week, which nearly cost us the game.

I’m hoping he’ll be better being on from the start. Looked like he was trying way too hard last week.
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2021 12:02 pm:

Anyone heard anything about Jack Stanley? I was expecting to him to really kick on this year.
Vice-Captain

15 Oct 2021 12:03 pm:

Thought VRR was one of our top performers last season. Great to see competition with Elrington and agree, maybe starting will be good for him.
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster and treat those two impostors just the same.

15 Oct 2021 13:06 pm:

Well I would estimate that we are only missing 3 players from our full squad in that 15 ( Slater, Balamin and Polledri ) and of the 23 add in Woodward. Given that we are most unlikely to ever be able to get the best 23 out then we are as close to the strongest team we can put out so I assume we should now see the real potential of our team. No more excuses !!!
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2021 13:09 pm:

I'm thinking it may be key to avoid giving Paddy Jackson the opportunity to kick penalties. Though I doubt Mr. Skivington needs my wisdom on that.
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2021 13:12 pm:

I asked GS about our legendary meltdowns in the final minutes of games (which pre-dates his appointment), and his comment (which I took as being directed at VRR amongst others) was that players coming on know that places are up for grabs and are desperate to prove their worth (he didn't actually say desperate), and that led to mistakes through over-eagerness, and breaking away from the game plan. He says it has been discussed a lot during the week.
Cherchez la truffe
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby