Sale v Quins

Dude

Re: Sale v Quins

16 Oct 2021 13:25 pm:

TOBIAS wrote:But we didn’t beat the Sale side of tonight and we would be pushed to do that

And you know that how exactly?

We completely dominated Sale for 75 minutes and even Sanderson acknowledged that.

Last night there were only a couple of Sale changes from last week and who can say one player will perform better than another on any given day?

16 Oct 2021 13:56 pm:

I sort of agree, Sale really weren't up to much last night and would've struggled as much last week.
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Senior squad member

16 Oct 2021 14:47 pm:

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:I sort of agree, Sale really weren't up to much last night and would've struggled as much last week.

Sale were a different side last night compared to against Glos. Don't forget we were playing the Prem champions who have been on fire this season. We dominated them up front, which prevented their back line from playing on all bar a couple of occasions (when they looked every inch the champions they are btw). But we gifted them 2 of their 3 tries and left 11 fairly straightforward points off the tee out there, which Maginty would almost certainly have nailed. A 15 point margin would not have flattered us.

A world class 7, two tremendous academy prospects at half back and a fired up Manu made all the difference. The current three media darlings were all anonymous for Quins. We will only get better as our missing players return
Hall of Famer

16 Oct 2021 19:13 pm:

Sale certainly stopped Quins from playing but I wasn’t much impressed. Manu doesn’t seem to have the penetration of old, Curry was good though - and of course the ref helped Sale’s cause no end.
On the board

16 Oct 2021 19:24 pm:

I used to love Curry, but more recently I just can't get past his constant cheating, has gone beyond playing on the edge, thought last night he should have been penalised off the park.
Hall of Famer

16 Oct 2021 19:33 pm:

Nobbler23 wrote:I used to love Curry, but more recently I just can't get past his constant cheating, has gone beyond playing on the edge, thought last night he should have been penalised off the park.

That's exactly what he should do - we need a player like that. It's up to the ref to sort it out - if he doesn't, then keep pushing it.
Hall of Famer

16 Oct 2021 20:31 pm:

Nobbler23 wrote:I used to love Curry, but more recently I just can't get past his constant cheating, has gone beyond playing on the edge, thought last night he should have been penalised off the park.

7’s job surely.

Ludlow plays close to the wire and the last couple of seasons he’s got the balance much better.
On the board

16 Oct 2021 21:18 pm:

Sale just rough everyone up. I think part of their player traits is to be a bleep. Look at their captain he is one of the biggest bleep in the league.
On the board

17 Oct 2021 08:18 am:

It is sad that we now think a 7s job is to cheat, just shows where rugby has got to and kind of reinforces my original comment, and for what it is worth I played 7 most of my playing days, so have a fair understanding of the job.
Hall of Famer

17 Oct 2021 11:29 am:

chris1850 wrote:
King Prawn Bhuna wrote:I sort of agree, Sale really weren't up to much last night and would've struggled as much last week.

Sale were a different side last night compared to against Glos. Don't forget we were playing the Prem champions who have been on fire this season. We dominated them up front, which prevented their back line from playing on all bar a couple of occasions (when they looked every inch the champions they are btw). But we gifted them 2 of their 3 tries and left 11 fairly straightforward points off the tee out there, which Maginty would almost certainly have nailed. A 15 point margin would not have flattered us.

A world class 7, two tremendous academy prospects at half back and a fired up Manu made all the difference. The current three media darlings were all anonymous for Quins. We will only get better as our missing players return

Two of Sale’s tries shouldn’t have stood as well and I think Sale were lucky to get the win on Friday.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby