Wasps v Glaws OGT

Hall of Famer

Re: Wasps v Glaws OGT

27 Nov 2021 22:47 pm:

I do love a happy Shedweb after a good away win talking about the 'positive' problem of who to pick if/when everyone is fit! :D

And we haven't yet opened the can of worms that is "After that performance, who - if anyone - do you drop to bring Chris Harris back in?".
Hall of Famer

27 Nov 2021 23:10 pm:

ShedOrDead wrote:I do love a happy Shedweb after a good away win talking about the 'positive' problem of who to pick if/when everyone is fit! :D

And we haven't yet opened the can of worms that is "After that performance, who - if anyone - do you drop to bring Chris Harris back in?".

That ones easy - BTT.

27 Nov 2021 23:13 pm:

ShedOrDead wrote:I do love a happy Shedweb after a good away win talking about the 'positive' problem of who to pick if/when everyone is fit! :D

Whilst BT scored 2 tries Friday and is a legend, I think I'd prefer a MA / CH centre pairing, with BT on the bench. On the other hand, BT is 33, CH will be 31 in Dec and MA 31, so we really need to start playing the youngsters in Premiership matches regularly. Succession planning at centre, is key for me.
aka John Neary
Hall of Famer

27 Nov 2021 23:18 pm:

As I've said before, who'd want to be a Head Coach? You'd want to play them all.
Hall of Famer

27 Nov 2021 23:26 pm:

I like BTT on bench - not so much a game changer - but cover for 10, 12, 13. That's invaluable.
Senior squad member

27 Nov 2021 23:59 pm:

lucifer wrote:As I've said before, who'd want to be a Head Coach? You'd want to play them all.

Works for me! :D
Hall of Famer

28 Nov 2021 00:17 am:

Dickson might not notice :roll:
Dude

28 Nov 2021 09:23 am:

DieTrying wrote:Whilst BT scored 2 tries Friday and is a legend, I think I'd prefer a MA / CH centre pairing, with BT on the bench. On the other hand, BT is 33, CH will be 31 in Dec and MA 31, so we really need to start playing the youngsters in Premiership matches regularly. Succession planning at centre, is key for me.

I don’t understand your logic at all. Of course there is succession planning - that’s what LB explained at length months ago and I am sure GS will integrate the youngsters as and when he feels it’s right to do so.

However to say that your favoured pairing (and I suspect most would agree) is two players who are arguably at the very peak of their careers (given one has just had his first international call up and the other is a recent Lion), and in the same breath say we should regularly not play them????? That’s just nonsense to me. :? :?
Hall of Famer

28 Nov 2021 10:31 am:

DieTrying wrote:Whilst BT scored 2 tries Friday and is a legend, I think I'd prefer a MA / CH centre pairing, with BT on the bench. On the other hand, BT is 33, CH will be 31 in Dec and MA 31, so we really need to start playing the youngsters in Premiership matches regularly. Succession planning at centre, is key for me.

With Kveseladze and Seabrook on the books I’m pretty sure the club has one eye on that. Atkinson and Harris have plenty of time left and I think if 36 carries on as he has he has at least two seasons.
On the board

28 Nov 2021 11:14 am:

Our three main centres are 30+ but I have no concerns regarding succession planning. It’s what we are proving really good at under the new regime. And Hillman-Cooper is emerging - a heck of a talent.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby