Other matches - 26.11.21

Hall of Famer

Re: Other matches - 26.11.21

27 Nov 2021 18:39 pm:

Images look wintry on twitter
Hall of Famer

27 Nov 2021 20:52 pm:

24-24 in the end. Feels like one it would be worth watching the highlights of! Can't say I can think of a better result for Glaws either - Falcons don't catch up too much and the points Wuss get away from home leave the last place team in the Prem even further adrift...

... That said, the main thing is that Falcons should be roundly applauded for rearranging and getting this game on with all the disruption. They really are a hard team not to like these days.
Hall of Famer

27 Nov 2021 23:22 pm:

RTS2 wrote:
madders wrote:Ugo Monye commentating on this. Mr Impartial. So glad Quins lost and if LI had been smarter the margin would have been bigger.

He shows his emotions in his reactions. Not professional in the role. I don't know why he's allowed to commentate Quins matches. :D I like the guy but he can be a bit Leicester lippyish ;)

I would much rather they stopped all ex-players punditing on their previous teams. Kay and Healey are not too bad when at Tigers games, but it can't be impossible to schedule things so that it doesn't happen.

28 Nov 2021 00:18 am:

He shows his emotions in his reactions. Not professional in the role. I don't know why he's allowed to commentate Quins matches. :D I like the guy but he can be a bit Leicester lippyish ;)[/quote]
I would much rather they stopped all ex-players punditing on their previous teams. Kay and Healey are not too bad when at Tigers games, but it can't be impossible to schedule things so that it doesn't happen.[/quote]

Tbf UM did criticise Quins for being off the boil. Ben Kay & Austin Healey are pretty neutral, but I agree that maybe neutral pundits should be used for televised games, especially Internationals. What was more irritating was Nick Mullins praising Quins for being at the forefront of concussion tech by using the Opro "Protecht" gumshields. 12 Prem Clubs use them and we were one of the first.
aka John Neary
Hall of Famer

28 Nov 2021 12:01 pm:

Agree about the pundtry, but Monye is hopeless in any circumstance.
Pleased with the draw last evening against what was much nearer to a first choice 23 than Wuss.
Hall of Famer

28 Nov 2021 12:10 pm:

I find Monye to be quite good and an astute co-commentator. He doesn’t hide the fact that he is biased when commentating for Quins games and was also quick to praise London Irish. I don’t have a problem with ex players being a bit biased, that’s natural, as long as the lead commentator is impartial then that’s fine with me.
Senior squad member

28 Nov 2021 15:21 pm:

I noticed during the Quins match yesterday the UM was asked if England had a centre the likes of Esterhuizen. He replied ‘Nope.’ However, they clearly do in Atkinson, watching him this season and his ability to break the line and off load, I don’t think there is anyone better in the country at the moment.
Hall of Famer

28 Nov 2021 15:34 pm:

Do you think Atkinson can match his physicality? Not sure I do
Cherchez la truffe
Hall of Famer

28 Nov 2021 15:47 pm:

Well Eddie must think so, but never tried him out; although it looks like he was there to hold tackle bags. Another one of Eddie’s wasted opportunities.
They don’t like it up ‘em.
Hall of Famer

28 Nov 2021 15:57 pm:

Some interesting ruck defence employed by Sarries. Legal but will probably have to be outlawed.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby