Jack Clement

Re: Jack Clement

27 Nov 2021 14:38 pm:

I am sure Barbeary and Willis will both get caps. I think Eng are very lucky to have such back three talent
Add in Curry, Underhill, Simmonds, Dombrandt, Billy V, Earl, Ludlum, Chick ? Wilson, Other nations would be happy to have any of these.
Hero in the making

27 Nov 2021 15:05 pm:

Have I just misremembered this but wasn't Jack in an England squad as an apprentice?
Hall of Famer

27 Nov 2021 15:11 pm:

Yes - he was in the Autumn 2020 England training squad.
Hall of Famer

27 Nov 2021 16:43 pm:

This lad is streets ahead of Narraway

How exactly? Luke managed nearly 200 first class games and 7 England caps.

Clement might be the next best thing, but that's a not happened yet. Or is there some other metric you're using ?
Hall of Famer

27 Nov 2021 17:05 pm:

CMGC wrote:I am sure Barbeary and Willis will both get caps. I think Eng are very lucky to have such back three talent
Add in Curry, Underhill, Simmonds, Dombrandt, Billy V, Earl, Ludlum, Chick ? Wilson, Other nations would be happy to have any of these.

It is interesting that Alfie Barbeary is spoken about as a back rower. He played his entire schoolboy career at hooker and has regularly said that his ambition is to return to the front row. Last season, his LO throws were seen as too weak. I don't know what is preventing him this season, but maybe Pests feel that they have plenty of depth at No.2 and it's as much of a case of getting Alfie on the pitch where he can do the damage.

I defer to the Pests fans who comment on here though.

27 Nov 2021 17:12 pm:

He has been out injured for a while now and only just back. I'm sure he will always start for Wasps if fit. He has a powerful
carrying game and scores for fun.
Hall of Famer

27 Nov 2021 17:18 pm:

CMGC wrote:He has been out injured for a while now and only just back. I'm sure he will always start for Wasps if fit. He has a powerful
carrying game and scores for fun.

I thought he was excellent off the bench last night, he must have been looking forward to it.
Hall of Famer

27 Nov 2021 17:25 pm:

I see the lad as a hooker. Give him a couple of seasons and he could be one of the best 2's in World Rugby.
Hall of Famer

27 Nov 2021 17:49 pm:

I should have been clearer in saying that at this stage of development he is streets ahead in my opinion. I have little doubt that he will mature into a far better player than Narraway - again an opinion. A question would Narraway get anywhere near our back row options ? My answer would be no.
Hero in the making

27 Nov 2021 17:52 pm:

Clement is also a decent line option.

Glad Barbeary was starting from the bench he gave them impetus and go forward when he came on.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby & more