Jack Clement

Vice-Captain

Jack Clement

27 Nov 2021 08:34 am:

Has quietly gone about his business mostly off the bench this year but seeing him get a full 80 was great. I really think we've got a top back rower in our hands here. He seems to have put a good 10kg on in the last year but is still pretty rapid. Last night he put in some important hits, made a great break and bounced through several tackles with some hard carries, showed great control at the base of the scrum and running the back of the maul. Really looking forward to seeing more of him and how he develops. He's only 20, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a white shirt in the next few years.
Hall of Famer

Re: Jack Clement

27 Nov 2021 09:32 am:

When he had his chance last year, some posters more in the know than me said there was huge excitement and potential. Every game feels like he's improved and he's so young I agree, we have a potential gem on our hands. Keep it up Jack, we're all very excited for your future!
Hall of Famer

27 Nov 2021 09:33 am:

I agree - he had an absolute stormer !
Hall of Famer

27 Nov 2021 09:42 am:

GS is going to have a selection headache with the choice of back row forwards. I guess it’s a good problem to have.
They don’t like it up ‘em.
Hall of Famer

27 Nov 2021 11:08 am:

Really really like Jack Clement, such a great prospect. The fact he held his own against a strong and experienced Wasps backrow speaks volumes. I was delighted to see him shove that Alfie Barbery lad that everyone’s raving about backwards a few paces too. He reminds me of Naz when he carries and makes breaks.
On the board

27 Nov 2021 11:57 am:

TP17 I thought exactly the same, I remember watching Naz verses Wasps years ago and thinking he should be playing for England, fee weeks later he was, last night thought exactly the same.
Hall of Famer

27 Nov 2021 12:18 pm:

This lad is streets ahead of Narraway
Hall of Famer

27 Nov 2021 12:51 pm:

Morgan ; Ruan, Clement and Polledri..... not necessarily in any order but wow...and we have others who can do good job at No.8 if required too.

JC had a stormer last night. Well done that lad; particularly for sticking in there which such quality around him and taking his chances.
Hall of Famer

27 Nov 2021 14:05 pm:

Clement reminded me on a couple of occasions of Ackermann last night both in his defensive movement and ball-in-hand. Let's hope we can give all these excellent players enough game time to keep them here.

27 Nov 2021 14:09 pm:

There's a lot of talent in young English back row at the moment. I was also impressed in Bearbary(?) That young lad is going to ripping up trees in an England shirt again very soon, he looked very hungry when he came on.
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby & more