Kirill Gotovtsev

Hall of Famer

Kirill Gotovtsev

27 Nov 2021 13:06 pm:

At the risk of starting off one of those zany threads about caviar, fishing for puns or talking tripe ( you watch now ) :D just wanted to say what a fantastic addition he has been to our forwards and the squad in general.

He is way off being out of his depths in the Premiership ; and to take his chance ( with respect to him ) at his advanced years ( :) ) is quite brilliant. Great signing and looking at his obviously high fitness levels the man could be with us for a few more seasons. His work in the loose is impressive and he tackles like a backrower.

Kirill was fantastic again in the scrum last night. Given the clear fragility of Brissle in that department last night I wonder if he will be given the starting berth again next week ?.

Great signing.

Молодец кирилл !!! .... Молодец !!!
Hall of Famer

Re: Kirill Gotovtsev

27 Nov 2021 14:14 pm:

Agreed, excellent player, well spotted whoever found him.
Hall of Famer

27 Nov 2021 14:22 pm:

RTS2, I’m disappointed that you don’t want any puns.

Well, if that’s what you want, then So ve it.
Tuffty

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
Hall of Famer

27 Nov 2021 14:32 pm:

Carl Hogg found him

Where’s GREENZILLA? Remember him telling us this was an awful signing, showing Gloucester’s total lack of ambition!
Cherchez la truffe
Hall of Famer

27 Nov 2021 14:47 pm:

I was a bit concerned when we made this signing, more so that we just didn’t have the budget to compete and how could he adapt to the premiership at his age. Fair play he’s been brilliant.

George hasn’t made a bad signing, really like Hastings, makes space and time for others and a good boot.
Hall of Famer

27 Nov 2021 14:54 pm:

I think that, of all of our signings for this season, Hastings was the only one with much of a profile. However, the likes of Elrington, Gotovtsev, Davidson, Meehan and Hastings have all done well and are all contenders for our match day squad.

Well done to our coaching team for spotting talent and nurturing it well. I also suspect that, as a group, they represent good value for money.
Site Admin

27 Nov 2021 14:56 pm:

At the time I was surprised, because we heard about the coaches wanting to build a squad under 30, and he was already well over that, but fair play, if you’re doing the business on the pitch, what’s not to like?

Isn’t it nice being confident we can not only hold our own at scrum time, but disrupt and destroy an opposition in that department. Happy days are back again.
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
Hall of Famer

27 Nov 2021 15:08 pm:

Tuffty wrote:RTS2, I’m disappointed that you don’t want any puns.

Well, if that’s what you want, then So ve it.

:lol:
Hall of Famer

27 Nov 2021 16:43 pm:

I think with props in particular they are an unknown quantity until you see them in action and how they fit in to the dynamic of team. When Afoa joined we were concerned about his ability to stay injury free. I dont remember too many trumpets when Balmain, Hohneck, VVR joined. I'm delighted with the impact JFR, Gotovtsev and Elrington have made . Much better that than paying significant money for big names who don't then deliver, or who aren't available very often.
Hall of Famer

27 Nov 2021 17:13 pm:

MarcusRann wrote:I think with props in particular they are an unknown quantity until you see them in action and how they fit in to the dynamic of team. When Afoa joined we were concerned about his ability to stay injury free. I dont remember too many trumpets when Balmain, Hohneck, VVR joined. I'm delighted with the impact JFR, Gotovtsev and Elrington have made . Much better that than paying significant money for big names who don't then deliver, or who aren't available very often.

Spot on. Afoa proved to be worth every £ and he's still going which just shows that kirill could keep going if he keeps himself fit. He looks extremely fit to me.

Ruan Dreyer proved to be a damp squib. I think he played 7 matches for us in two seasons due to injury. Must have cost a small fortune ?...guessing half a million ?. Don't know what Kirill has negotiated but I would be extending his contract if the current one is only for a season ?. He really has slotted in exceptionally well.

Anyone else see the increasing similarity in looks between Blakeway and Val !?> :D . It suddenly dawned on me last night. If he gets a few grey curls and is still playing it could be deja-vous. :) He's really getting better IMO . I would not be sureprised to see EJ taking an even closer look .
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby