I really don't like to say this folks but.....

Hall of Famer

Re: I really don't like to say this folks but.....

21 Sep 2014 08:51 am:

Malco wrote:
Forrester wrote:They'll look nowhere near as good against a decent side. Tigers were terrible and were missing so many players. Put Ayerza, a fit Youngs, Cole, Slater, Allen and Tuilagi into that side and you might have seen a different result.

It's a fair observation although I would humbly point out that we were without the likes of Francois Louw, Matt Garvey, Anthony Watson, Nathan Catt and some bloke called Burgess who is due to finally tip up soon. We will get better.

I'd have thought that Burgess bloke would be lucky to get a game on yesterday's showing
Hall of Famer

21 Sep 2014 08:59 am:

Nice option to have in reserve.
Hall of Famer

21 Sep 2014 12:48 pm:

Maybe, he might be rubbish, quite a few have been :?:
Hall of Famer

21 Sep 2014 13:08 pm:

I reckon he will at the least be a very useful addition to B.ath's squad. Only time will tell.
Hall of Famer

21 Sep 2014 15:46 pm:

I know you can't tell it all from highlights, but I'll be interested to watch that lot from down the road later. A couple of guys at training this morning said thert movement in attack was superb, all pace from depth.
Gaspar Sanz

21 Sep 2014 15:52 pm:

That's right FT, they exploited every opportunity with pacy, heads up rugby. In mitigation, the Tigers backs had probably never played together in the combinations imposed by the absence of AA and MT. No doubt Tigers trained all week with what they thought would be their starting 15 and so it was no real surprise they were all over the place in defence.
Hall of Famer

21 Sep 2014 18:26 pm:

Tigers lacked pace 'all over the park'.

Even Tait looked lethargic at best.

One particularly sad sight was to watch Tom Croft on a gallop with ball - but easily caught....seemed to be two yards plus down on pace. Hopefully, he will get that back when fully match fit.
Hall of Famer

21 Sep 2014 19:10 pm:

You can only play what's in front of you. The team was the mighty Leicester and they had been prepared to play B.ath. B.ath were really impressive and deserve credit for producing such a good performance. They stuffed Leicester. Both sides had players missing. Credit to B.ath.
Hall of Famer

21 Sep 2014 19:40 pm:

From the bits I have watched on telly it looked like a lot of Bath's points came from tiggers mistakes and poor tackling by them, a bit like us against saints. Barf are playing very well but I think tiggers made them look better than they were again like we did to saints
Hall of Famer

21 Sep 2014 20:54 pm:

Having enjoyed both games live (London Welsh prior) I think the Bath progress this year is one based on consistency of desire to play what's in front of them and the nouse to do this on the hoof. Regardless of Tiggers being understrength, they were the squad ranged on the day, and I have never seen such a toothless, uninspired team from Welford Road turn up at the Rec - all excuses aside, they were an embarrassment to their club- and whoever prepared this team for a fixture against Bath needs to reflect profoundly on where they got everything so very,very wrong.
A poor Leicester set-up is as bad for English rugby as a poor Gloucester structure - and i can only guess that the impetus to rebuild to a traditional Castle Grim bench-mark is quite animated, but will take time.
Bath yesterday were sublime, and Mr Eastmond was unlucky not to receive the MOTM award given the scintillating footwork and distribution he demonstrated. Leroy Houston is playing with the dynamic he showed so well for Queensland Reds (how he lost his mojo I'll never fathom) and proves that class will always out.
Made I quite happy it did. And I think this Bath squad will improve...there's a bit of mongrel about them I've not seen for many a year.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby