I really don't like to say this folks but.....

Vice-Captain

Re: I really don't like to say this folks but.....

22 Sep 2014 06:35 am:

Just to be clear, despite being more optimistic about the fortunes of Bath this season than I have for 20 years, I have no doubt that we will go through bad patches, as Gloucester currently are. We don't have massive squad depth and we are already struggling for numbers in the back row. A couple more injuries, a few international call ups, some dips in form, it's a question of when, not if. This is the best Premiership competition since it started because it really is so open. I reckon eight or nine teams can realistically plan to finish in the top four, of which Bath are one and Gloucester remain another. Right now the omens are good for Bath and not so good for Gloucester, but after three games that is all they are. Anything can happen.
On the board

22 Sep 2014 07:09 am:

It's good to see a fair and honest assessment of Bath, as I can't remember seeing them look this good for some time. Also another defence with quick line speed smothering the opposition. It proves that if you have to play catch up rugby in this league against the big boys your going to get a hiding, as we discovered early. But Malco is right they will not be like that all season and it is a very open league. We can look forward to improving as season progresses and I am looking forward to a good season of competitive rugby.
Most important thing is though that for Christmas I want the bragging rights. C'mon Glaws!

22 Sep 2014 07:34 am:

I'm afraid BT needs to up his game dramatically because Kyle Eastmond was on fire.
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Hall of Famer

22 Sep 2014 12:07 pm:

Interesting to see Malco even conforming to the B**f name on here, despite being one of their men! Kudos, sir!
Hall of Famer

22 Sep 2014 12:41 pm:

glawfindel wrote:Interesting to see Malco even conforming to the B**f name on here, despite being one of their men! Kudos, sir!

Not so much conforming is it.

22 Sep 2014 13:18 pm:

I think it's clear that the money & development of the side at Bath is starting to show - they are on the rise & we'll see how far they go.

Tiggers on the other hand fielded a team more akin to a 1st & 2nds mix with players out of position etc.....Bath could only play against what was in front of them so hats off to them for taking the opportunity. Tiggers - will we see a worse tiggers performance ? Doubt it. Will they bounce back ? Yep, I expect them to & with a bang this weekend.
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby