Saturday after Friday night game

Vice-Captain

Saturday after Friday night game

21 Sep 2014 12:02 pm:

Just a thought after the comments on Friday night games.Did any one take the chance to watch any other local teams this Saturday?Did (and I think most of us are post playing)any current players get to see the game on Friday that normally wouldn't?
Hall of Famer

Re: Saturday after Friday night game

21 Sep 2014 15:52 pm:

Didn't watch a club game steve, but went to Cheltenham to watch my son play for Prince Henry's against St.Edwards, plus more rugby this morning with a club training session.

I'd like to watch more local rugby, but I spend so much time with boys and their sport, it's difficult to fit it in. I pop down the road to watch Bredon every now and then.
Vice-Captain

21 Sep 2014 16:59 pm:

Interesting statistics:

GLOUCESTER 3 TRIES - SALE 4 TRIES......Gloucester WIN

GLOUCESTER 3 TRIES - EXETER I TRY.......Gloucester LOSE

Discipline, discipline, discipline
Hall of Famer

21 Sep 2014 18:45 pm:

Chris - that is an interesting stat. I thought that Sale conceded penalties to prevent us scoring tries. On the other hand we gave Ex a lot of penalties either by cocking up the scrum or just by unnecessary in from the sides etc. Ex's goal kickers were able to punish us from pretty much anywhere in our half.
Academy prospect

21 Sep 2014 19:03 pm:

Watched Bream v Berry Hill in Glos Premier, the only Forest derby in league rugby this year. A big crowd of several hundred, a close tense game with the visitors winning 11points to 12 . Only a pound to get in and ex international ref Chris White running the touch.
Dude

21 Sep 2014 19:11 pm:

In the Exeter game at one point they conceded three consecutive penalties in their 22. No yellow card - obviously! However, even ignoring that, the penalty was moved progressively out towards the touchline - at no point did the ref go back to the original. We missed the kick of course, but effectively Exeter were rewarded for persistently infringing. Am I the only one who finds that frustrating?
Hall of Famer

22 Sep 2014 06:47 am:

I could be wrong (and probably am), but I don't remember a single offside decision in any of our 3 games to date. Can anybody verify?
Previously Mark from Stroud
Senior squad member

22 Sep 2014 09:14 am:

We were pinged for offside bang in front our posts during the first half Friday night, if I interpreted the hand gestures correctly.
Hall of Famer

22 Sep 2014 09:30 am:

Lebowski wrote:In the Exeter game at one point they conceded three consecutive penalties in their 22. No yellow card - obviously! However, even ignoring that, the penalty was moved progressively out towards the touchline - at no point did the ref go back to the original. We missed the kick of course, but effectively Exeter were rewarded for persistently infringing. Am I the only one who finds that frustrating?

I didn't notice during the game, but I did on playback. Yeah, very frustrating; perhaps Billy should've been in his ear saying we want the penalty from the original offence? I also felt at that point, we had them under pressure and should've kicked for the corner - our driving maul was dominent enough to have scored a try. It's fine margins, but those decisions can make the difference between a W or L.
"Remember that Rugby is team game; all 14 of you make sure that you pass the ball to Jonah"
Hall of Famer

22 Sep 2014 09:37 am:

Chris Jones wrote:Interesting statistics:

GLOUCESTER 3 TRIES - SALE 4 TRIES......Gloucester WIN

GLOUCESTER 3 TRIES - EXETER I TRY.......Gloucester LOSE

Discipline, discipline, discipline

On a positive note, our try count against has gone from 8 - 4 - 1. That shows our defence is getting better, although as your say, discipline was poor at the weekend.
"Remember that Rugby is team game; all 14 of you make sure that you pass the ball to Jonah"
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby