Yann Thomas

Vice-Captain

Yann Thomas

21 Sep 2014 17:11 pm:

After Friday's game one guy who impressed me yet again was Yann Thomas. He doesn't seem to get the recognition he richly deserves. For the second week running he has come on as a sub and the scrummaging has immediately shown a huge improvement. His work in the loose has also been excellent.

He also went well in the latter stages of last season and he is developing as one of our most aggressive and exciting front 5 players.

Only 24 but his passion, fire and enthusiasm are all attributes fit for a future captain
Tumpy+1

Re: Yann Thomas

21 Sep 2014 17:23 pm:

I predicted last season that Yann would be the player to be seen to have improved the most in some poll or other. I think only a small percentage of Shedweb thought similarly.

I am really pleased to see that he is continuing to show some real grit and determination when he plays. Hope it continues and the team improve the scrum.
On the board

Re: Yann Thomas cours

21 Sep 2014 18:15 pm:

I have, no doubt, he is our best loose head. He has a good future, hopefully with Glaws.
Westy is watching.
Hall of Famer

21 Sep 2014 18:17 pm:

I think many recognise Yann's skills and potential and most thought he would be ahead of Nick W. And Dan M.

It's just that at start of season Dan has played well.

Good position to be in, especially if Wood is approaching match fitness.
On the board

21 Sep 2014 19:10 pm:

Always rated Yann for his scrummaging and passion to play for Glaws. I hope we use the increase in the cap to get him signed up for many seasons to come.
Hall of Famer

21 Sep 2014 19:14 pm:

madjake wrote:Always rated Yann for his scrummaging and passion to play for Glaws. I hope we use the increase in the cap to get him signed up for many seasons to come.

He should be one of the priorities when his contract is up for renewal, even if we do sign a big name loosehead. At 24, he'll only improve, especially with Trevor Woodman to coach him.
"In my experience, eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles."

Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones
Vice-Captain

21 Sep 2014 19:58 pm:

Not far off being the first choice loosehead IMO
Academy prospect

21 Sep 2014 21:07 pm:

he played very well even though props not supposed to come into there own till late twenty`s plus he is a bristolian
Hall of Famer

21 Sep 2014 22:00 pm:

If I didn't know better, I'd have thought I'd just stumbled on a TiG Troll thread Mark 2, with Thomas replacing Harden :D
Hall of Famer

22 Sep 2014 08:21 am:

You obviously didn't listen to a word he said as Harden was the world's finest Tighthead ;)
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby