Billy Twelvetrees and Captaincy?

Billy Twelvetrees and Captaincy?

22 Sep 2014 07:37 am:

Just musing over a beer or 10 after Friday's match. BT is a good captain and BT can be a great player but is the resposibility of the one upsetting the other?
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....

Re: Billy Twelvetrees and Captaincy?

22 Sep 2014 09:00 am:

BT was akipper at various times last year, especially after Savage was injured & in what was a poor season I think he did a good job. One will never know but we may have been worse without his captaincy.

This season - I think he is trying too hard, so far. I'm sure the coaches will be "coaching" him, but I'd leave him to carry on as I'm sure he'll grow into the role. Changing the Captaincy at this moment in time will have a detrimental affect & let's face it there are plenty of other areas that need fixing, like discipline & ball retention.

22 Sep 2014 09:20 am:

Lewi7 wrote:Changing the Captaincy at this moment in time will have a detrimental affect & let's face it there are plenty of other areas that need fixing, like discipline & ball retention.

Couldn't agree more. It's just annoying that one of the main pillars from last year seems to have have gone backwards in the new setup. Early days for him and JH and all that.
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
On the board

22 Sep 2014 09:28 am:

I don't think it is the captaincy that is impacting on Billy but more the need to understand the players either side of him in the context of the new game plans. Give him time - he will be fine and is a true warrior and with a few more warriors in the side this year he will take confidence from the likes of Laidlaw, Hook and our born again pack.
West is best
Hall of Famer

22 Sep 2014 09:51 am:

I thought on Friday night BT had a massive job on his hands - Exeter were playing a blitz defence and BT was first in the firing line. All in all I think he played as well as he was being allowed. The only time I felt he needed a bigger presence was after the Exeter try when clearly all the Glos players heads and shoulders went down as the slouched back to the half way line feeing sorry for themselves. Like all things in life being a leader (whether it be captain or coach or manager)is always easier when you are winning. I believe BT handles the ref well and when we start winning the captaincy issue will no longer be a discussion point.
Hall of Famer

22 Sep 2014 11:00 am:

It's just annoying that one of the main pillars from last year seems to have have gone backwards in the new setup.

Pity the same can't be said for those in the Mira Stand - still interrupting the view at crucial times...
The frightening thing is not dying, the frightening thing is not living
On the board

22 Sep 2014 16:51 pm:

Do we have a vice-captain? If so, who is it?
Regards
Michael
Hall of Famer

22 Sep 2014 17:28 pm:

Billy needs to settle, like the rest of the team, he performed in far worse circumstances last year, he'll be fine.
The world is oval - and that's a fact!
First team regular

22 Sep 2014 17:51 pm:

Can't help wondering if his current game would be better at outside centre, just a thought.
On the board

22 Sep 2014 17:53 pm:

Our new Tongan will be pencilled in for outside centre I guess?
West is best
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby