Rumours

Re: Rumours

Castle Grim Reaper 17 Dec 2017 12:44 pm said..

Castle Grim Reaper wrote:
Kriel plays for former Bulls coach Frans Ludeke’s Kubota Spears in Japan during the Currie Cup season and is still contracted to the Lions until the end of next year’s Super Rugby campaign.

However, he’s not exactly denying that his plans after that could involve a journey to Europe or the UK.

“I’ll obviously be out of contract by mid-2018 and I haven’t exactly lined up anything after that,” said Kriel.
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

RTS2 17 Dec 2017 12:52 pm said..

On the point Baz made about Thrush any thought's on the type of player Ackers might want to bring in . ?

Rumour Worcester’s Will Spencer is possibly talking to Tigers about his future on the subject of second rows.? Decent player .
Last edited by RTS2 on 17 Dec 2017 22:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RTS2
Hall of Famer

SirHenry 17 Dec 2017 14:14 pm said..

Castle Grim Reaper wrote:
Kriel plays for former Bulls coach Frans Ludeke’s Kubota Spears in Japan during the Currie Cup season and is still contracted to the Lions until the end of next year’s Super Rugby campaign.

However, he’s not exactly denying that his plans after that could involve a journey to Europe or the UK.

“I’ll obviously be out of contract by mid-2018 and I haven’t exactly lined up anything after that,” said Kriel.

As it's Panto season.

Oh yes he has ;)
The frightening thing is not dying, the frightening thing is not living
SirHenry
Hero in the making

Glaws 17 Dec 2017 21:24 pm said..

I've heard we're looking at one of the worcs second rows.
Glaws
Hero in the making

RTS2 17 Dec 2017 22:51 pm said..

Just amended my post on Spencer as meant Leicester just in case anyone puts two and two together . Maybe the rumour has the wrong prefix if Glaws is right ? . I’ve heard Leics not Glos btw ! :D

On the subject again .

Alun Wyn Jones out of contract this season . At 32 still as fit as ever and if he was going anywhere would have thought a top French side for two big- salaried seasons ? .

Barf have been rumoured to want him . He’s not reported as having agreed a new contract with the WRU yet either . Now that would be perhaps worth a look at by DH - Ackers ? . Would probably cost big bucks even now though

We are so lucky to have Sav in the squad , and hope he stays until he hangs his boots up . You sense . Whoever might come to Glaws in that position he will still be one of the first names on the team sheet ; international player or not !
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Baz 17 Dec 2017 23:27 pm said..

It's still possible that the deal with Gerbrandt Grobler is still active, as he signed with Munster for a season with a reported move to Gloucester in 2018. He's been injured with an ankle injury from pre season and not played for them yet. Not back until the New year.
Baz
Hall of Famer

Halo 17 Dec 2017 23:42 pm said..

Does anyone on here know what's happening with Galarza next season ? Someone who is reasonably connected with Club told me at yesterday's game that he will be off back to Argentina when our season ends with a view to try for the World Cup.
Halo
Senior squad member

Baz 17 Dec 2017 23:50 pm said..

Halo wrote:Does anyone on here know what's happening with Galarza next season ? Someone who is reasonably connected with Club told me at yesterday's game that he will be off back to Argentina when our season ends with a view to try for the World Cup.

I thought he might be off at the end of the season too but he signed a 'long term contract' which you would think would be 3 years. That would make it until 2019. That said, he's been injured a lot and that is important to Gloucester in relation to value for money. He may well be allowed to leave. He looked class Saturday.
Baz
Hall of Famer

Camel 18 Dec 2017 07:36 am said..

Good updates, thanks Baz.
"Remember that Rugby is team game; all 14 of you make sure that you pass the ball to Jonah"
Camel
Hall of Famer

Pieman 18 Dec 2017 07:54 am said..

When is it appropriate to start picking the bones of the team to be relegated?
Pieman
Senior squad member
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby