Re: Rumours

Not1eyed 12 Jul 2018 19:06 pm said..

Shame for Watson if that’s true.
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

JC 13 Jul 2018 07:26 am said..

Lebowski wrote:
I thought the treatment of BB was disgraceful by a few posters (and a couple of people have taken shots at me over that, which bothers me not one jot) and this is similar.

Well said Leb. It’s funny how vitriol can easily be defined and defended as “opinion” amongst these pages by certain posters. Since BB announced his news, the usual suspects have taken the opportunity to have another dig.

With next season in mind, I appreciate that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when it descends into unconsructive, constant, malicious, sniping of a player(s) I feel that Admin and the moderators need to step in.
Posts: 430  Location: North County Dublin, via The Longlevens Hood, Castle Grim and Old Richians...
JC
Vice-Captain

Herefordpropforward 13 Jul 2018 08:02 am said..

Agreed JC. I admin on a national site not connected with rugby and we would have cut off the oxygen for some of the SW culprits long ago. Respect is all important.
West is best
Herefordpropforward
Vice-Captain

Gb83 13 Jul 2018 08:06 am said..

JC wrote:
Lebowski wrote:
I thought the treatment of BB was disgraceful by a few posters (and a couple of people have taken shots at me over that, which bothers me not one jot) and this is similar.

Well said Leb. It’s funny how vitriol can easily be defined and defended as “opinion” amongst these pages by certain posters. Since BB announced his news, the usual suspects have taken the opportunity to have another dig.

With next season in mind, I appreciate that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when it descends into unconsructive, constant, malicious, sniping of a player(s) I feel that Admin and the moderators need to step in.

I’m sorry but i do not see the BB posts as malicious, they are critical at times but not malicious. If you feel that moderators need to step in then the forum may as well be selected members only.

I personally think it’s a shame to lose him as a back up 10 but realistically that’s all he would be so he clearly has looked for a way out to pursue other avenues.

It’s funny how criticising Burns isn’t allowed but many jump on Williams.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

Lord Lucan 13 Jul 2018 08:32 am said..

There has been criticism but not abuse, I have long thought he wasn’t of sufficient quality and the coaches must feel the same given our recruiting a true premiership and international quality 10, too many times BB went missing in action at crucial times, the times when you needed your playmaker to step up he didn’t/couldn’t.
Lord Lucan
Hall of Famer

Up the jumper 13 Jul 2018 09:35 am said..

tis, tsn't, tis, tisn't....yadda yadda yadda...... to say this "I'm right and I will KEEP saying so", across multiple threads has become more than a little tedious is an understatement. Some folk and their single track comments are far worse than a pub bore! Cant wait for a thread that enlightens or entertains in some way rather than this ongoing dross!
Another yard boys, another yard!
Up the jumper
Vice-Captain

JamesK 13 Jul 2018 11:44 am said..

Lord Lucan wrote:I have long thought he wasn’t of sufficient quality and the coaches must feel the same given our recruiting a true premiership and international quality 10,...

If the coaches had real concerns of this sort then signing a new 10 would have been the first priority rather than something they did when a top quality 10 happened to become available.
JamesK
Senior squad member

Gb83 13 Jul 2018 12:04 pm said..

JamesK wrote:
Lord Lucan wrote:I have long thought he wasn’t of sufficient quality and the coaches must feel the same given our recruiting a true premiership and international quality 10,...

If the coaches had real concerns of this sort then signing a new 10 would have been the first priority rather than something they did when a top quality 10 happened to become available.

Potentially or Cipriani was the 1st player of the quality they wanted to come available.

Any way Mr Burns is gone, good luck to him at Ulster. Can’t wait for the season to kick off, it’s the best squad we have had for some time.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

Sheddy Mcshedface 13 Jul 2018 12:19 pm said..

Up the jumper wrote:tis, tsn't, tis, tisn't....yadda yadda yadda...... to say this "I'm right and I will KEEP saying so", across multiple threads has become more than a little tedious is an understatement. Some folk and their single track comments are far worse than a pub bore! Cant wait for a thread that enlightens or entertains in some way rather than this ongoing dross!

until some actually rugby happens this is as good as it gets around here I'm afraid!
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

JamesK 13 Jul 2018 14:01 pm said..

Gb83 wrote:
Potentially or Cipriani was the 1st player of the quality they wanted to come available.

Indeed, Cipriani was the first 10 to become available who substantially added something to the squad. Until then the coaches saw no need to panic buy a 10. They were happy to go into next season with Burns.
Last edited by JamesK on 13 Jul 2018 14:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JamesK
Senior squad member
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby