Rumours

Re: Rumours

gmorgan131285 07 Dec 2018 09:26 am said..

Peanutcoxy wrote:
TP17 wrote:
Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:Wasps to lose 4 props. Mullah, Cooper Walley, Stuart and McIntyre.

So that’s four props, Le Roux, Daly and Hughes off - not looking good for Wasps is it

Lewis Boyce of Quins has just turned down a move there as well I’ve read

Interesting to hear what Goodey has to say about it on the Pod next week

Goodey is still "employed" by Wasps so will do the usual deny/deflect the rumours of Wasps going bust. I think Dallaglio was on the pod about 5/6 weeks back and was the same, saying its nonsense etc. No smoke without fire though as they say.
gmorgan131285
Vice-Captain

TP17 07 Dec 2018 09:34 am said..

coleser wrote:If Val RR is seeking pastures new, I’d take Genge in a flash.

I think his contract is up next summer so he obviously signs a new contract with us or leaves, which would be a shame because I don't think we've seen him at his best yet really. I've heard a few whispers of Sarries.
TP17
Hall of Famer

Welly 08 Dec 2018 23:28 pm said..

Gustard to Tiglets. :D ;)
Welly
On the board

Malco 09 Dec 2018 07:29 am said..

TP17 wrote:
Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:Wasps to lose 4 props. Mullah, Cooper Walley, Stuart and McIntyre.

So that’s four props, Le Roux, Daly and Hughes off - not looking good for Wasps is it

Lewis Boyce of Quins has just turned down a move there as well I’ve read

Boyce and Stuart are both heading to Bath.
Malco
Senior squad member

King Prawn Bhuna 09 Dec 2018 07:59 am said..

...makes a joke not being approached before the New Year.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

CMGC 09 Dec 2018 09:58 am said..

Interesting article in the Torygraph
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union ... die-jones/

Cockers for England Head Coach ?? Also a proposal from Melville to have two conferences of 8 teams for Pro rugby !!
CMGC

Welly 09 Dec 2018 10:09 am said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:...makes a joke not being approached before the New Year.

It's always been a joke, every club breaks it.
Welly
On the board

Baz 09 Dec 2018 10:43 am said..

We all know there’s a player in Val Ruskin but we’ve not had value for money out of him. Hohneck has been worth every penny and I bet he’s not on anything like Ruskins money. I saw him being taken off yesterday and apparently it’s his calf, this isn’t going to heal quickly. If he does go that’s a big part of the cap we can spend. I have a feeling that we won’t get caught out again with our prop situation. We haven’t seen much of McAllistair or Denman either and I think both will be lucky to be retained. I appreciate you can’t help being injured but durability is something that needs to be considered. Hohneck and Balmain has been injured but they bounce back quickly. Not sure why we let Yann Thomas go, he was always a good scrummager and dependable, just the kind of back up you need.
Baz
Hall of Famer

stuartjames 09 Dec 2018 11:45 am said..

Baz, don't forget Dreyer in your summary :D
stuartjames
Hero in the making

CMGC 09 Dec 2018 11:54 am said..

We have spent all season skating on very thin ice with our props. Hohneck and Balmain have covered almost all of our main squad prop time. YOur ccademy players are excellent prospects but don't have it yet for this level as yesterday showed. If josh or Fraser get an injury we are in trouble. We hear that Dreyer and Paddy are close but how close?? The main two are geting worn out and that is when injuries occur. Big crossed fingers.
CMGC
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby