Rumours

Re: Rumours

Lebowski 15 Dec 2017 11:58 am said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:
Glaws wrote:Yes Goode was incredible confident in what he said, although big Jim wasn't too sure. Also said a few more Bath boys on the way out.

I couldn’t be bothered to listen past Goodes drinks at lunchtime, the playground discussion on breasts and breastfeeding and their upcoming office party.....was their anything interesting that was worth listening to?

Goodey was very, very forthright in his views about the coaching situation at Saints which I found interesting. Very scathing about the sacking of Alex King and basically thinks Dorian West is a dinosaur. He talked about the Saints style of play which brought them success by physically dominating teams with the likes of Tongahuia, Manoa etc but said they are still trying to play the same way when firstly they don’t have the players and secondly the world has moved on. Said West is incapable of changing or listening! No love lost!

On the Banahan front Goode said it was 100% done and dusted - contract signed. Jim didn’t actually doubt what he said, he was just surprised Bath had allowed him to leave. He said he will be a great signing under JA.
Lebowski

Beddis 15 Dec 2017 17:44 pm said..

Peter O’Mahony has re-signed for Munster until 2021. A great shame but we were never realistically going to prise him away
Posts: 3193  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

RTS2 15 Dec 2017 18:00 pm said..

Beddis wrote:Peter O’Mahony has re-signed for Munster until 2021. A great shame but we were never realistically going to prise him away

Never in a month of Sundays Beddis-like you I couldn't see it either.

I see that Dragons CEO has gone .
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Ken Burney 15 Dec 2017 18:00 pm said..

O'Mahony's far too old, at age 28, to have been considered for our current back row!
Last edited by Ken Burney on 15 Dec 2017 18:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken Burney
Hall of Famer

RTS2 15 Dec 2017 18:01 pm said..

Ken Burney wrote:He's far too old, at age 28, to have been considered for our current back row!

:)
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Cherryade 15 Dec 2017 18:02 pm said..

Isn't Jaco Kreil (if spelt right?) who's strongly tipped to be heading our way 28!? :D
Cherryade
Senior squad member

RTS2 15 Dec 2017 18:05 pm said..

Cherryade wrote:Isn't Jaco Kreil (if spelt right?) who's strongly tipped to be heading our way 28!? :D

shhhh don't spoil ken's joke it made me laugh :D

Kriel may not be able to move to Gloucester until the season after next having possibly already signed with Japanese side Kubota Spears for the 2017/18 campaign. If this is the case lets hope he doesn't pick up any injuries.

Oh that will make him around 30 ! :D. Any more young guns coming through might have to call him Uncle Jaco :o . I'm sure he will still be at the top of his game . ;)
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 15 Dec 2017 19:08 pm said..

Well golly gosh I certainly didn’t see that one coming! Absolutely believed O’Mahony was headed to us! :roll:
Lebowski

Glen Sannox 15 Dec 2017 19:12 pm said..

:D :D
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

Old Rik 15 Dec 2017 19:23 pm said..

Surprise, surprise..The ex Munster lock who's currently at Woos did the same. Had a look round Hartpury, good chat with Dean Ryan, drive around the area flew back to Ireland and signed for Munster again......I'me seeing a pattern here.
Old Rik
Senior squad member
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby