Rumours

Re: Rumours

Gb83 15 Dec 2017 19:31 pm said..

RTS2 wrote:
Cherryade wrote:Isn't Jaco Kreil (if spelt right?) who's strongly tipped to be heading our way 28!? :D

shhhh don't spoil ken's joke it made me laugh :D

Kriel may not be able to move to Gloucester until the season after next having possibly already signed with Japanese side Kubota Spears for the 2017/18 campaign. If this is the case lets hope he doesn't pick up any injuries.

Oh that will make him around 30 ! :D. Any more young guns coming through might have to call him Uncle Jaco :o . I'm sure he will still be at the top of his game . ;)

Is the deal that Kriel will join end of next season? I really can’t see that, end of this season May 2018 yes but surely no later?
Gb83
Hero in the making

Baz 15 Dec 2017 23:32 pm said..

Some on this website (not you Stroudie) really live in the twilight zone. The clues are always out there.No matter how many times things are said, somebody will always re-ask the question. That said, I didn't expect Ruan to settle down so well.

Baz 02 Jul 2017 20:13 pm said..

StroudieGlaws wrote:
Guess Ackermann jr could be another to add to the list of rumoured but not coming.

Players are signed Stroudie....... they just can't be announced. I'm afraid as supporters we just have to along with the game and be patient. As for Ruan he is learning his trade and isn't close to a Springbok cap...yet. At the moment he wouldn't even start in our back row but his potential is huge. He played well within himself against the SunWolves and the rest of the back row stood out...... but he will, at some time.

This is how it works. Agents know Gloucester are looking and they bombard DH with CV's for players out of contract, wanting to upgrade or who just want to play for Gloucester. This is apart from those identified by DH and now Ackerman. This includes the likes of Jacko Kriel who is rumoured to be leaving the Lions and interesting Northampton. We need someone just like Kriel and Ackerman is a coach he respects. Just saying.............. Keep the faith
Baz
Hall of Famer

Porky 16 Dec 2017 07:48 am said..

Beddis wrote:Peter O’Mahony has re-signed for Munster until 2021. A great shame but we were never realistically going to prise him away

O'Mahony re-signing with Munster is as unsurprising as an unsurprising thing. Why did anyone think he would go elsewhere?
Time you enjoy wasting is never wasted.
Porky
On the board

Baz 17 Dec 2017 11:10 am said..

I appreciate not everybody wants information but for Grunter and others who have asked, Thrush has not signed a contract extension and if pressed,I don't think he'll be staying. A few rumours of another second row coming in too makes it likely at least one lock is off at the end of the season. I now think that will be Thrush.
Baz
Hall of Famer

TP17 17 Dec 2017 11:32 am said..

When is Tom Denton signed until?
TP17
On the board

RTS2 17 Dec 2017 11:47 am said..

Baz no one has said Kriel isn't coming to Glaws. It's more about when ? . As I suggested the other ( reiterated by Baylion I've just noted yesterday ) JK may be contracted to play in Japan next season which might mean him joining us the season after. Words may and might being central. That isn't to say a contract may not be sorted out by Glaws of course .

If the player really wants to play for us next season then I'm sure every way t make hat happen will be explored . Would be a great reversal and irony following the Judas no-signing !. Faith is with the Ackermann - kriel connection and with the club . Let's hope it happens for next season and not the following .
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Old Rik 17 Dec 2017 12:00 pm said..

If Thrush is off then it's a shame, we are starting to see the best of him now- we did hear rumblings of Grobler possibly signing before he went to Ireland so it could be a case of him in and Thrush out. I don't think we have seen enough of Tom Denton to really know what sort of player he is and with respect to him as his injuries have been very unlucky I'm not sure we have had value for money.

Any rows coming through the academy?
Old Rik
Senior squad member

Baz 17 Dec 2017 12:03 pm said..

RTS2 wrote:Baz no one has said Kriel isn't coming to Glaws. It's more about when ? . As I suggested the other ( reiterated by Baylion I've just noted yesterday ) JK may be contracted to play in Japan next season which might mean him joining us the season after. Words may and might being central. That isn't to say a contract may not be sorted out by Glaws of course .

If the player really wants to play for us next season then I'm sure every way t make hat happen will be explored . Would be a great reversal and irony following the Judas no-signing !. Faith is with the Ackermann - kriel connection and with the club . Let's hope it happens for next season and not the following .

I suspect that the 2nd of July was noted by most. It's hardly yesterdays news is it? As for your second paragraph I don't understand it at all? Let's be clear, I spoke to him yesterday, he hasn't signed for next season. From his demeanour I don't think he will, or it's not on offer. Love to be proven wrong but other rumours yesterday suggest someone else is coming in.
Now relax Andy. It's not a competition but your posts suggest it is? If you have something worth saying re rumours I would love to hear it. Stamping your feet because someone does is a waste of energy. :)
Baz
Hall of Famer

RTS2 17 Dec 2017 12:22 pm said..

Baz wrote:
RTS2 wrote:Baz no one has said Kriel isn't coming to Glaws. It's more about when ? . As I suggested the other ( reiterated by Baylion I've just noted yesterday ) JK may be contracted to play in Japan next season which might mean him joining us the season after. Words may and might being central. That isn't to say a contract may not be sorted out by Glaws of course .

I suspect that the 2nd of July was noted by most. It's hardly yesterdays news is it? As for your second paragraph I don't understand it at all? Let's be clear, I spoke to him yesterday, he hasn't signed for next season. From his demeanour I don't think he will, or it's not on offer. Love to be proven wrong but other rumours yesterday suggest someone else is coming in.
Now relax Andy. It's not a competition but your posts suggest it is? If you have something worth saying re rumours I would love to hear it. Stamping your feet because someone does is a waste of energy. :)[/quote

I thought my post was clear enough . Apologies if it wasn't ? .No one has said he's not signing - have they ? The uncertainty MIGHT appear to be when ( if he has signed ) he can play for us . Not looking for a spat with you . I'm just making a point as unless I've misunderstood you wrongly your post suggests you know something ( which if you do I'd be interested to know ) and also that you might saying that some are saying he's not coming to Glaws? . Perhaps your not getting my point and I'm not getting yours ? . I'm certainly not stamping my feet - they are still sore from yesterday ! :) p.s I've text you .
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Castle Grim Reaper 17 Dec 2017 12:44 pm said..

Castle Grim Reaper wrote:
Lions flank Jaco Kriel will play for the Kubota Spears during the 2016-17 Top League season. The club announced the signing of Kriel and Stormers scrumhalf Louis Schreuder on Tuesday. Kriel's two-year deal with Kubota will allow him to return to the Lions for Super Rugby.

The 2017-2018 season ends in January.

Why all the confusion?
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby