Rumours

Re: Rumours

kentishglaws 09 Jan 2018 22:48 pm said..

I really hope there’s no substance in the Charlie Matthews rumour, the quins fans certainly don’t rate him, and I’ve never thought he was any better than distinctly 4th/5th choice at quins
kentishglaws
Senior squad member

steveyoung 09 Jan 2018 23:30 pm said..

CMGC wrote:Ok I assumed that as we have 11 "back 5" in the squad that was enough for the 6 match day places required. Perhaps not?
So from what we know or is rumoured we are losing
Afoa
Hibbard
Thrush?
Moriarty

Anyone else on the cards?

I've also heard Motu is leaving, not sure if that's really that much of a deal though considering the two youngsters coming through and the fact Motu is a bit unreliable from the lineout although he is a work horse.
steveyoung
On a trial

Fat Taff 10 Jan 2018 08:02 am said..

Sopoago to Wasps.

Belly had said they were going to sign big at 10 and there it is.

Where to Cips, Japan for the big yen?
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

Castle Grim Reaper 10 Jan 2018 08:27 am said..

Hovis wrote:Land Rover Discovery in club car park today with Quins logos on doors & bonnet.

Perhaps Eddie Jones is looking at one of our players :D
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

Pieman 10 Jan 2018 08:41 am said..

Perhaps Conor O'Shea is calling in a favour from a previous employer when coming to speak to Jake.
Pieman
Senior squad member

Camel 10 Jan 2018 08:42 am said..

CMGC wrote:Ok I assumed that as we have 11 "back 5" in the squad that was enough for the 6 match day places required. Perhaps not?
Afoa
Hibbard
Thrush?
Moriarty

There might be 11 in the back 5, but I think there's only 6 in the back 3 (Sharples, Woodward, Marshall, Halaifonua, Thornley & Purdy). That's very little cover, given it's covering 3 positions. I would suggest we need at least 1 more player to ensure we've got adequate cover - Banahan is that man.
"Remember that Rugby is team game; all 14 of you make sure that you pass the ball to Jonah"
Camel
Hall of Famer

Vennvenn 10 Jan 2018 08:47 am said..

Yep Motu to Brizzle. Scott off too maybe?
Vennvenn
Turns out for the A team

Oldprop 10 Jan 2018 09:01 am said..

How big a squad do Bristol want?
Oldprop
On the board

stevieb 10 Jan 2018 09:02 am said..

Camel wrote:
Afoa
Hibbard
Thrush?
Moriarty

There might be 11 in the back 5, but I think there's only 6 in the back 3 (Sharples, Woodward, Marshall, Halaifonua, Thornley & Purdy). That's very little cover, given it's covering 3 positions. I would suggest we need at least 1 more player to ensure we've got adequate cover - Banahan is that man.

And Hudson. I guess he might be academy? But performed well when called upon earlier this season.
stevieb
Hero in the making

Glaws 10 Jan 2018 09:03 am said..

Oldprop wrote:How big a squad do Bristol want?

One that'll actually keep them up this time, I think they're going to be quite a challenge next year.
Glaws
Hero in the making
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby