Rumours

Re: Rumours

Marble Eye 28 Sep 2015 19:24 pm said..

Just listen to the RWC commentaries. Every single game a player is named that is joining Sarries next season.
Marble Eye
Hall of Famer

Number8 06 Oct 2015 10:26 am said..

Sorry to rake over old ground but a fella I work with who supports and attends a certain ground just down the A46 tells me that a certain West Country team and a London team are each bracing themselves for a 40 point deduction due to salary cap breaches .

Maybe just an unsubstantiated rumour and it may be wrong but would be interesting if it does happen
Number8
Vice-Captain

forresterinyorks 06 Oct 2015 10:36 am said..

This was also reported in last Sunday's TRP ( but no points deduction estimate given).
Never Stay Down.
forresterinyorks
Hall of Famer

glawfindel 06 Oct 2015 12:03 pm said..

Number8 wrote:Sorry to rake over old ground but a fella I work with who supports and attends a certain ground just down the A46 tells me that a certain West Country team and a London team are each bracing themselves for a 40 point deduction due to salary cap breaches .

Maybe just an unsubstantiated rumour and it may be wrong but would be interesting if it does happen

40 points would be a tad hefty to recover from?!?
glawfindel
Hall of Famer

Castle Grim Reaper 06 Oct 2015 12:05 pm said..

glawfindel wrote:
Number8 wrote:Sorry to rake over old ground but a fella I work with who supports and attends a certain ground just down the A46 tells me that a certain West Country team and a London team are each bracing themselves for a 40 point deduction due to salary cap breaches .

40 points would be a tad hefty to recover from?!?

B*th would have still been above Newks last season, let alone London Welsh :shock:
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

SirHenry 06 Oct 2015 12:22 pm said..

To paraphrase "I will love it if that happens. Love it."
The frightening thing is not dying, the frightening thing is not living
SirHenry
Hero in the making

MattChelt 06 Oct 2015 13:12 pm said..

I guess (assume) any points deduction resulting from a proven breach of the salary cap is weighted depending on how big the breach is, and also over what period (i.e. the bigger / longer the breach, the bigger the penalty). Additional to any points deductions, are there any financial penalties imposed? For example, if a team is found to have breached last season's cap by £500k, would their cap for the new season be reduced by the same amount, or say a reduction of £250k for each of the next 2 seasons?

Is there a set penalty schedule for confirmed breaches? I think we are in unchartered waters in terms of past precedents being set...?

It's been hinted at / denied / investigated / swept under the carpet for many years now, and indirectly the same few clubs keep being hinted at as being allegedly in breach. Maybe it is finally time offenders - if indeed there are any - are brought to book and punished accordingly.

40 points deducted would be massive - OK last season it wouldn't have meant relegation apart from those who finished in the bottom 3 of the table, but this season may well be different. Interesting times ahead.
MattChelt
Senior squad member

madjake 06 Oct 2015 13:14 pm said..

If its true then the final last year was a farce.
madjake
Hero in the making

Bod 06 Oct 2015 13:53 pm said..

madjake wrote:If its true then the final last year was a farce.

Indeed - as a Bath fan I find the whole prospect quite unedifying and, if proven just confirms my doubts about the integrity of the characters running the club.
Bod
On the board

ROLLO 06 Oct 2015 14:03 pm said..

I thought that the fine was £1 for every £10 over the cap. Small beer to the two clubs concerned a points deduction woiuld have a greater impact ( says he with his Wuss hat on)
ROLLO
Hero in the making
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby