Rumours

Re: Rumours

RTS2 16 Mar 2017 22:32 pm said..

He will be waiting to hear about the Atrad deal as his agent has no doubt been analysing the implications. Also the SA season is not over until August ?; so potentially another late arrival ??. Fisher arrived late and that was IMHO bad business.

If Ackermann is coming then the squad need a decent lead - up time before the new season; so once the MA deal is accepted by the Premiership then he should make the decision, and the move asap- if indeed ( as you say baz ) we still want him by then. I can't imagine DH making the journey out there if he wasn't sold on him being the right man for the job having said that; so it's a reasonable assumption that he still is number one choice and will remain so until he decides he doesn't want the position.

Things can change quickly; and I would assume there are at least two other prospects that have been earmarked as plan B's. Having said all that, I still think DH and SV need to perhaps take a deep breath before making the appointment. It has to be right this time as I said on the "don't panic" thread.
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Chalker 16 Mar 2017 22:34 pm said..

Looks like the pin prickers are down to one choice now? If JA does come and brings his right hand man with him, who else is going out the Kingsholm exit door? Is Twitter on standby?
Chalker
On the board

Old Rik 16 Mar 2017 22:35 pm said..

If it is him could be v expensive. He is In contract so gotta buy him out. One of the mistakes last time was that all the coaches were unknown to each other. So he brings his mate De bruin in with him, who is in contract gotta buy him out. De Bruin is a backs/skills coach so what happens to Tim Taylor gotta pay him off. DH Says to Ackerman you name your forwards coach and the cheque book comes out again. Does all this dosh come out of the salary cap?
Old Rik
First team regular

ElverEater 16 Mar 2017 22:47 pm said..

I believe that the salary cap is solely for players, I may be wrong. I also believe that although de Bruin is assistant/backs coach for The Lions, there's a possibility he could be brought in as just assistant coach.
ElverEater
Turns out for the A team

beadleclaw 16 Mar 2017 22:49 pm said..

Baz wrote:If you aren't leaving you know straight away and you'll turn it down. The 'I'll take time over my decision' is letting his province down gently in my view. Head coach at Gloucester is much more high profile than where he is and if he wants to progress he needs a club like Gloucester on his CV. As I said, he's on his way, if we want him?

I love Gloucester too but am not convinced that the province who came second in the Superugby competition last year are a step down. :)
beadleclaw
First team regular

SpiralScratch 16 Mar 2017 23:44 pm said..

If he can get Gloucester back up in the top 4 on a regular basis it'll make what Eddie Jones has done with England small potatoes :D

Having looked at the article that Shawnsheep linked JA coming does sound a bit more likely.
SpiralScratch
Vice-Captain

Diamo 17 Mar 2017 06:47 am said..

IIRC correctly, there were articles in the press about Stephen Vaughan having received "lots of CVs" from interested candidates - maybe JA sent his in too as he wants to come to Europe, expand his coaching CV and all the other usual soundbites. If indeed he did apply, it would seem likely that he wants to come
Posts: 382  Location: Munich mostly and sometimes the sprawling metropolis of Stroud
Diamo
Vice-Captain

Glossince86 17 Mar 2017 08:08 am said..

If he wants to bring his own coaching set-up that has worked successfully together previously then let him!! I think his decision to wait may have something to do with the Altrad deal being confirmed, this may be needed to provide the money for the coaching set up he wants and whatever back room/medical/training facilities he is after to take the team forwards
Glossince86
Hero in the making

Still Realistic 17 Mar 2017 11:20 am said..

So this is hardly a rumour if it came directly from JA in a lions press conference!
Would be a terrific appointment for the next 2 years as I expect SA will want him as head coach after the next WC.
Still Realistic
Hall of Famer

RTS2 17 Mar 2017 12:05 pm said..

Still Realistic wrote:So this is hardly a rumour if it came directly from JA in a lions press conference!
Would be a terrific appointment for the next 2 years as I expect SA will want him as head coach after the next WC.

To pass the batten onto who ?... :? Gatland ? ..... :) ( Joking )
RTS2
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion