Rumours

Re: Rumours

Mark from Stroud 19 Jun 2018 15:26 pm said..

Stroud Wizard wrote:Glaws has a very good point in encouraging others not to use Trinds, Tins, Sinbad etc. Must refrain from using as potentially annoying. Also what about those 'comedians' who childishly call Wasps, the 'Pests' and Harlequins, the 'Queens'. Shows up some supporters as pathetically childish and with an inferiority complex. Who on earth is amused?

I think that is going too far. I have spoken up before about initials, but that is because I am old and can't work them out fast enough from the context. I can't see anything wrong with nick-names, as long as they are respectful. Likewise I see no real problem with Queens, Sorrysons etc.
Mark from Stroud
On the board

Glaws 19 Jun 2018 16:07 pm said..

Chalker wrote:
Glaws wrote:Whilst we're at it, can we stop staying Trinds, Tinds, Sinbad, 36, Cips, Luds....

:)

Yet you are 'Glaws' sir?

I'm really sorry to those who replied to me, I was actually being sarcastic. Looking at it I understand why it wasn't seen as that. Probably should have ended it with a few ;) ;)

I use nicknames all the time on here, I too have a nickname and I would never stop people calling me it. It isn't disrespectful at all to use nicknames imo.

Each to there own though :)
Glaws
On the board

Peanutcoxy 19 Jun 2018 16:19 pm said..

Glaws wrote:
Chalker wrote:
Glaws wrote:Whilst we're at it, can we stop staying Trinds, Tinds, Sinbad, 36, Cips, Luds....

:)

Yet you are 'Glaws' sir?

I'm really sorry to those who replied to me, I was actually being sarcastic. Looking at it I understand why it wasn't seen as that. Probably should have ended it with a few ;) ;)
I use nicknames all the time on here, I too have a nickname and I would never stop people calling me it. It isn't disrespectful at all to use nicknames imo.

Each to there own though :)

No worries at all, very funny actually :D
The older I get the faster I was
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

Sheddy Mcshedface 19 Jun 2018 18:27 pm said..

Stroud Wizard wrote:Glaws has a very good point in encouraging others not to use Trinds, Tins, Sinbad etc. Must refrain from using as potentially annoying. Also what about those 'comedians' who childishly call Wasps, the 'Pests' and Harlequins, the 'Queens'. Shows up some supporters as pathetically childish and with an inferiority complex. Who on earth is amused?

You must be fun at parties!
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

kentishglaws 19 Jun 2018 18:37 pm said..

Has anyone got any actual rumours or are we just debating the abbreviation of names for 4 pages?
kentishglaws
Vice-Captain

Pest 19 Jun 2018 18:54 pm said..

Rowntree talking to wasps.
Pest
Hall of Famer

madders 19 Jun 2018 19:03 pm said..

Like Dr Dolittle?
I started off with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left.
madders
Hall of Famer

Pest 19 Jun 2018 19:06 pm said..

madders wrote:Like Dr Dolittle?

Sorry, should have been clearer. Wig talking to pests.
Pest
Hall of Famer

Peanutcoxy 19 Jun 2018 19:15 pm said..

:lol: :lol:
The older I get the faster I was
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

JC 19 Jun 2018 21:13 pm said..

Brilliant!

Maybe Stroud Wizard might even approve...
Posts: 466  Location: North County Dublin, via The Longlevens Hood, Castle Grim and Old Richians...
JC
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby