Rumours

Re: Rumours

CMGC 11 Jul 2018 07:53 am said..

I think one of the problems here is that when some posters take offence at Muteys postings for being harsh/ unkind etc. etc. they then copy this by doing exactly the same to him.
I prefer the tactic of either ignoring a post I don't agree with or make a constructive reply. For me the topic is the point of interest not the person who posted it.
CMGC

stevieb 11 Jul 2018 08:13 am said..

Chewbacca wrote:Let’s be gentle with Mutey, he only just came back.

Some of his opinions are good, some are trash, some are controversial. No point in us all agreeing is there.

To paraphrase the Fun Boy three, it aint what he does, it's the way that he does it
stevieb
On the board

Glosteroldboy 11 Jul 2018 08:56 am said..

stevieb wrote:
Chewbacca wrote:Let’s be gentle with Mutey, he only just came back.

Some of his opinions are good, some are trash, some are controversial. No point in us all agreeing is there.

To paraphrase the Fun Boy three, it aint what he does, it's the way that he does it

Tune !!! Now there is a tune that takes me back.... Apologies for not being rumour related... but good memories.. :D
Glosteroldboy
Turns out for the A team

LowerO 11 Jul 2018 09:16 am said..

To be controversial, I think people sometimes see the poster’s name then respond according to preconceptions!
LowerO
Vice-Captain

Glaws 11 Jul 2018 12:25 pm said..

LowerO wrote:To be controversial, I think people sometimes see the poster’s name then respond according to preconceptions!

I couldn't agree more.
Glaws
On the board

StroudieGlaws 11 Jul 2018 15:18 pm said..

Glaws wrote:
LowerO wrote:To be controversial, I think people sometimes see the poster’s name then respond according to preconceptions!

I couldn't agree more.

+1
StroudieGlaws
Hero in the making

Lebowski 11 Jul 2018 18:29 pm said..

Well as somebody who has often stuck up for Mute in the past (and had it thrown back in my face) I have a different view.

I agree he makes some valid points, always has. Unfortunately there is always an underlying agenda, which tends to be anti Gloucester Rugby and anti certain individuals. I don’t have any problem with constructive criticism but I do have a problem with picking on young players who will almost certainly read this. I thought the treatment of BB was disgraceful by a few posters (and a couple of people have taken shots at me over that, which bothers me not one jot) and this is similar.

I think there are a few people on here who think it’s de rigueur to stick up for somebody who frankly does nothing to warrant it.
Lebowski

shawnsheep 11 Jul 2018 18:52 pm said..

stevieb 11 Jul 2018 08:13 am said..

Chewbacca wrote:
Let’s be gentle with Mutey, he only just came back.

If we all ignore each other, the forum will become a Ghost Town
shawnsheep
Vice-Captain

Baldhead2 11 Jul 2018 21:11 pm said..

Oy!! That’s not fair I object !!!

.... if that was the case though Mute wouldn’t post much now would he ;)
Baldhead2
Turns out for the A team

TheOptimistSenior 11 Jul 2018 21:27 pm said..

stevieb wrote:.....

Quite so.
Mute has many well held views, developed from a long association with local and national rugby, and I value greatly his opinion, but he does seem to enjoy being insulting on occasions. Unfortunately, it often nullifies his arguments and viewpoints. Not necessary and disappointing.
TheOptimistSenior
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby