Rumours

On the board

Re: Rumours

24 May 2019 07:41 am:

ladypochita wrote:I believe that Henry Purdy is leaving does anyone know if Gareth Evans is staying or going?

That is a real shame, I hoped both were staying
aka Stephen Bond
Hall of Famer

24 May 2019 11:37 am:

ladypochita wrote:I believe that Henry Purdy is leaving does anyone know if Gareth Evans is staying or going?

Shame if the Purdy rumour is true.
On the board

24 May 2019 14:00 pm:

What's the source of the Purdy rumour?
If it's wet, drink it.
Hall of Famer

24 May 2019 14:33 pm:

Ladypoticha posted it on Twitter this morning. Said that she had an inside contact that wasn't a player.

24 May 2019 15:25 pm:

A good squad player. It'll be interesting to see, if true, who made the call: Club or Player.
aka John Neary
Hall of Famer

24 May 2019 15:47 pm:

Purdy is at that stage of his career where he needs to kick on and get regular team appearances, I just don't see that happening with us, particularly if we sign Harris. Seabrook steps into Purdy's squad role so as much as I like to see players retained a move probably makes sense for the player and the club
The frightening thing is not dying, the frightening thing is not living
On the board

24 May 2019 16:33 pm:

I saw a post on twitter about it this morning but wasn't my post
Hall of Famer

24 May 2019 17:53 pm:

I would like to see him stay.
Never Stay Down.
Hall of Famer

24 May 2019 18:03 pm:

Quade Cooper to Harlequins!
Keyser Sose
Hall of Famer

24 May 2019 18:29 pm:

SirHenry wrote:Purdy is at that stage of his career where he needs to kick on and get regular team appearances, I just don't see that happening with us, particularly if we sign Harris. Seabrook steps into Purdy's squad role so as much as I like to see players retained a move probably makes sense for the player and the club

I agree with that. He's a good player but possibly not good enough to start in a team that wants to be in the top 4 every year.
Formerly Sky blue
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby