Rumours

Re: Rumours

Not1eyed 26 May 2019 08:27 am said..

I see. Alternatively Smith could learn a lot from Cooper as Lloyd Evans has undoubtedly done from Cipriani
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Harrison26 26 May 2019 08:32 am said..

Lambpie wrote:Spoke to Purdy after the game who said that currently it's looking like he won't be here next season

A great shame personally, but understandably he wants regular game time. Similarly spoke to Gareth Evans who when asked responded ‘we shall see, we shall see’. He did have a smile on his face though when saying that so could be a matter of dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s, maybe.
Harrison26
Senior squad member

Steve M 26 May 2019 08:44 am said..

Harrison26 wrote:
Lambpie wrote:Spoke to Purdy after the game who said that currently it's looking like he won't be here next season

A great shame personally, but understandably he wants regular game time. Similarly spoke to Gareth Evans who when asked responded ‘we shall see, we shall see’. He did have a smile on his face though when saying that so could be a matter of dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s, maybe.

From the way reads it doesnt sound as though Purdy is choosing to move on but perhaps just not being offered a new contract. If he was making a conscious decision to move on I would have thought he may have found a new club already ... or perhaps he has and we just dont know yet. Either way he has given his best for us when selected and scored some good tries. Be sorry to see him go but if we want to see new players coming in some of the existing squad will inevitably have to make way.
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 26 May 2019 09:22 am said..

I don’t like to put down any of our players and hate it when others do. Purdy for me has always been a player I have loved watching and who has never let us down. A cracking club player.

However, and herein lies the rub. If we are aiming to get to where Sarries are (notwithstanding I’ve already said on another thread I have no idea how to achieve that!!!!) ask yourself the question of any departing player, “would they sign him?”
Lebowski

Hawks 26 May 2019 10:34 am said..

Lebowski wrote:I don’t like to put down any of our players and hate it when others do. Purdy for me has always been a player I have loved watching and who has never let us down. A cracking club player.

However, and herein lies the rub. If we are aiming to get to where Sarries are (notwithstanding I’ve already said on another thread I have no idea how to achieve that!!!!) ask yourself the question of any departing player, “would they sign him?”

Is it just the player, or the coaching and the team? I heard McCall saying that Baz Barrington joined Sarries as a guest for them in the AW cup and Jersey told Sarries they didn’t want him back, he’s now won 3 European cups, add that to what they’ve done with Skeleton, what a state he was when he arrived.

I think Purdy could be an excellent player, he’s the type of player that Exeter sign, no one is impressed, then finishes the season scoring the winning try in the final.
Hawks
Academy prospect

Lambpie 26 May 2019 11:04 am said..

Interesting rumour in TRP that we're looking to add Sean Long of St Helens RL to our coaching staff. Unless i've confused him with another former RL player isn't it him that was involved in the Rugby for Heroes cross code game at Kingsholm and is mates with Tinds?
Lambpie
Hero in the making

Asgard 26 May 2019 11:34 am said..

Who was it that came from RL to help Bryan Redpath as a skills coach?
Asgard
Hall of Famer

X EOD 26 May 2019 11:48 am said..

Dennis Betts
X EOD
Turns out for the A team

Asgard 26 May 2019 11:51 am said..

Thanks.
Asgard
Hall of Famer

Miles 26 May 2019 12:03 pm said..

I still think Purdy could do a job for us at 13.
Miles
Hero in the making
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby