Rumours

Re: Rumours

Glossince86 12 Jun 2019 18:12 pm said..

Anyone heard anymore about where Teo’s heading?
Glossince86
On the board

glawfindel 13 Jun 2019 11:34 am said..

Glossince86 wrote:Anyone heard anymore about where Teo’s heading?

To the physio's table :mrgreen:
glawfindel
Hall of Famer

Steve M 13 Jun 2019 11:54 am said..

glawfindel wrote:
Glossince86 wrote:Anyone heard anymore about where Teo’s heading?

To the physio's table :mrgreen:

Not till England's world cup is over ...
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
Hall of Famer

Lurker 13 Jun 2019 15:27 pm said..

We’ve just recruited a centre so not here
Lurker
Hall of Famer

Porky 13 Jun 2019 17:15 pm said..

Being reported that Diageo (makers of Guinness and main sponsors of London Irish) have dropped LI because they signed Paddy Jackson. That’s TWO sponsors they’ve lost.
Time you enjoy wasting is never wasted.
Porky
Hall of Famer

Rolfem 13 Jun 2019 17:30 pm said..

Does make you wonder what the squad think of them signing Jackson.
Posts: 74  Location: South of Cirencester but Heart is in Gloucester
Rolfem
First team regular

MrGlawsRocker 13 Jun 2019 21:34 pm said..

Porky wrote:Being reported that Diageo (makers of Guinness and main sponsors of London Irish) have dropped LI because they signed Paddy Jackson. That’s TWO sponsors they’ve lost.

What I'm wondering is what they know that we do not?

No one dumps a big 28 year sponsorship for one player, sadly we live in a world of 24 hour news cycle and short memories.

Putting Converters to the side Diageo have insiders and good bloody lawyers, I'm sure there is more in this than we know.
In Ackermann we Trust.
MrGlawsRocker
On the board

Clive's Pants 14 Jun 2019 07:59 am said..

MrGlawsRocker wrote:
Porky wrote:Being reported that Diageo (makers of Guinness and main sponsors of London Irish) have dropped LI because they signed Paddy Jackson. That’s TWO sponsors they’ve lost.

What I'm wondering is what they know that we do not?

No one dumps a big 28 year sponsorship for one player, sadly we live in a world of 24 hour news cycle and short memories.

Putting Converters to the side Diageo have insiders and good bloody lawyers, I'm sure there is more in this than we know.

I doubt there is anything more than they see the toxic risk to their brand. Particularly in Ireland and N.Ireland where the story was followed by everyone and protest groups against the case still exist - a SoMe storm could be only a few days in the making.
Clive's Pants
On the board

StroudieGlaws 14 Jun 2019 09:49 am said..

If a company like Diageo have pulled their sponsorship I do wonder who is going to go into a new deal that is lucrative enough for London Irish.
StroudieGlaws
On the board

MrGlawsRocker 14 Jun 2019 10:06 am said..

StroudieGlaws wrote:If a company like Diageo have pulled their sponsorship I do wonder who is going to go into a new deal that is lucrative enough for London Irish.

The LI response has not left the door open for Diageo, I said to the missus that they took a giant s*** on and then burnt the bridge to a future deal even though chances are PJ will inevitably leave them once a better opportunity appears.

You might see one of the ground sponsors step up to a bigger sponsorship however from the aforementioned salty response I'm guessing none will fill the shortfall Diageo has left (I tried to see how much the contract was worth between the two all I found was "very lucrative".

All along people said that PJ is a good player but a poison chalice, his contract was £300k and now he's probably emptied the coffers by a whole lot more.

Despite the owners being wealthy every team relies on sponsorship, my pick for relegation is already London Oi'rish I think they will suffer with not only low fan turn out but that vital cash deficite will not help them this season.
In Ackermann we Trust.
MrGlawsRocker
On the board
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby