Rumours

Re: Rumours

Sky blue 27 Jun 2019 19:44 pm said..

Fair enough, but remember Charlie was top Premiership try scorer by a margin before he got injured.
Sky blue
Hall of Famer

Beddis 27 Jun 2019 19:45 pm said..

Sharples was top try scorer for the season????
Posts: 4021  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

Gb83 27 Jun 2019 19:51 pm said..

Beddis wrote:Sharples was top try scorer for the season????

He was, 10 wasn’t it? Mostly 1st half of the season. Like I said I like him but think a defender would be more worried defending Purdy that sharples.

Purdy still has some developing to do but I think we’ve seen the best of sharples now.

Just my opinion. I’d start Thorley, Woodward and Marshall of fit and Banahan on the bench for impact and experience.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

Chalker 27 Jun 2019 20:20 pm said..

Gb83 wrote:
Just my opinion. I’d start Thorley, Woodward and Marshall of fit and Banahan on the bench for impact and experience.

Were you at the Allianz semi-final Gb? Sarries sussed out our wing/full back or was it full back/wing combination? I did post this at the time.
Woodward and Marshall are both very good players however I wouldn't play them in the same side. Just my opinion of course.
I would really like us to sign a solid classy full back (someone good under the high ball) although this is unlikely given our present resources.
Chalker
Hall of Famer

Gb83 27 Jun 2019 20:33 pm said..

Chalker wrote:
Gb83 wrote:

Were you at the Allianz semi-final Gb? Sarries sussed out our wing/full back or was it full back/wing combination? I did post this at the time.
Woodward and Marshall are both very good players however I wouldn't play them in the same side. Just my opinion of course.
I would really like us to sign a solid classy full back (someone good under the high ball) although this is unlikely given our present resources.

No I wasn’t but I watched it, I don’t think Marshall was fit. I much prefer Woodward on the wing and Marshall at 15. Woodward’s attacking stats are very good, 5 try’s and significant yardage.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 27 Jun 2019 20:37 pm said..

Personally, I thought Woodward was great at Bristol but not been that impressed since he joined glos
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Gb83 27 Jun 2019 20:41 pm said..

Not1eyed wrote:Personally, I thought Woodward was great at Bristol but not been that impressed since he joined glos

When he gets a run he’s very good but seems to need game time after he injuries to settle.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

Peanutcoxy 27 Jun 2019 20:45 pm said..

Gb83 wrote:
Not1eyed wrote:Personally, I thought Woodward was great at Bristol but not been that impressed since he joined glos

When he gets a run he’s very good but seems to need game time after he injuries to settle.

Totally agree
The older I get the faster I was
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 27 Jun 2019 20:49 pm said..

That’s fair, but part of me thinks he’s an individual maverick always looking for the highlights real than playing the percentage and doing what’s best for the team
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

shedwebber 27 Jun 2019 21:23 pm said..

Every so often he plays a blinder but alas, the basic skillset has a fair few holes in it; he often passes into thin air. I would be much more confident with Marshall at fullback when he is available and shifting Woodward out onto the wing.
Éire go Brách!
shedwebber
Hero in the making
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby