Rumours

Re: Rumours

Sky blue 27 Jun 2019 19:44 pm said..

Fair enough, but remember Charlie was top Premiership try scorer by a margin before he got injured.
Posts: 2215
Sky blue
Hall of Famer

Re: Rumours

Beddis 27 Jun 2019 19:45 pm said..

Sharples was top try scorer for the season????
Posts: 4021  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis
Moderator

Re: Rumours

Gb83 27 Jun 2019 19:51 pm said..

Beddis wrote:Sharples was top try scorer for the season????


He was, 10 wasn’t it? Mostly 1st half of the season. Like I said I like him but think a defender would be more worried defending Purdy that sharples.

Purdy still has some developing to do but I think we’ve seen the best of sharples now.

Just my opinion. I’d start Thorley, Woodward and Marshall of fit and Banahan on the bench for impact and experience.
Posts: 1573
Gb83
Hall of Famer

Re: Rumours

Chalker 27 Jun 2019 20:20 pm said..

Gb83 wrote:
Just my opinion. I’d start Thorley, Woodward and Marshall of fit and Banahan on the bench for impact and experience.


Were you at the Allianz semi-final Gb? Sarries sussed out our wing/full back or was it full back/wing combination? I did post this at the time.
Woodward and Marshall are both very good players however I wouldn't play them in the same side. Just my opinion of course.
I would really like us to sign a solid classy full back (someone good under the high ball) although this is unlikely given our present resources.
Posts: 1744
Chalker
Hall of Famer

Re: Rumours

Gb83 27 Jun 2019 20:33 pm said..

Chalker wrote:
Gb83 wrote:
Just my opinion. I’d start Thorley, Woodward and Marshall of fit and Banahan on the bench for impact and experience.


Were you at the Allianz semi-final Gb? Sarries sussed out our wing/full back or was it full back/wing combination? I did post this at the time.
Woodward and Marshall are both very good players however I wouldn't play them in the same side. Just my opinion of course.
I would really like us to sign a solid classy full back (someone good under the high ball) although this is unlikely given our present resources.


No I wasn’t but I watched it, I don’t think Marshall was fit. I much prefer Woodward on the wing and Marshall at 15. Woodward’s attacking stats are very good, 5 try’s and significant yardage.
Posts: 1573
Gb83
Hall of Famer

Re: Rumours

Not1eyed 27 Jun 2019 20:37 pm said..

Personally, I thought Woodward was great at Bristol but not been that impressed since he joined glos
Posts: 1694
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Re: Rumours

Gb83 27 Jun 2019 20:41 pm said..

Not1eyed wrote:Personally, I thought Woodward was great at Bristol but not been that impressed since he joined glos


When he gets a run he’s very good but seems to need game time after he injuries to settle.
Posts: 1573
Gb83
Hall of Famer

Re: Rumours

Peanutcoxy 27 Jun 2019 20:45 pm said..

Gb83 wrote:
Not1eyed wrote:Personally, I thought Woodward was great at Bristol but not been that impressed since he joined glos


When he gets a run he’s very good but seems to need game time after he injuries to settle.

Totally agree
The older I get the faster I was
Posts: 1710  Location: Brockworth
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

Re: Rumours

Not1eyed 27 Jun 2019 20:49 pm said..

That’s fair, but part of me thinks he’s an individual maverick always looking for the highlights real than playing the percentage and doing what’s best for the team
Posts: 1694
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Re: Rumours

shedwebber 27 Jun 2019 21:23 pm said..

Every so often he plays a blinder but alas, the basic skillset has a fair few holes in it; he often passes into thin air. I would be much more confident with Marshall at fullback when he is available and shifting Woodward out onto the wing.
Éire go Brách!
Posts: 656
User avatar
shedwebber
Hero in the making
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], gloskarlos, grayjw, ShedOrDead, shedwebber, Still Realistic and 36 guests