Rumours

Re: Rumours

covglaws 01 Jul 2019 11:19 am said..

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:Purdy to Coventry..

Coventry are starting to look like Gloucester Mk II. Dawidiuk, Halaifonua, Narraway for a season. Walsh and Anthony Allen coaching. Think there's one or two others as well.
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 1605  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!
covglaws
Hall of Famer

Gb83 01 Jul 2019 11:20 am said..

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:
westglos wrote:
Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:Purdy to Coventry.

Goneva and Travis Ismail to Quins.

I hope that Purdy to Coventry is true. He's a good Premiership squad backup wing/13, who will thrive at Championship level as a first choice starter.

I do feel that had Purdy and Evans both known in January that they were going to be surplus to requirements that they may have managed to secure slightly better clubs than Coventry and Ospreys.

I thought ospreys was a good move for Evans, I can’t imagine him being a starter in many prem back rows. Surprised Purdy didn’t get another prem contract though.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 01 Jul 2019 11:22 am said..

If he does go to Cov, I think he'll benefit from working under their new defence coach....Anthony Allen.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Gb83 01 Jul 2019 11:31 am said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:If he does go to Cov, I think he'll benefit from working under their new defence coach....Anthony Allen.

Defence definitely is a work on, his strike rates must be pretty high, always seems to be able to find the line.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

The Shuthonger One 01 Jul 2019 13:21 pm said..

plod wrote:Not wishing to read back too far so might have missed it, but Sergio Parisse will not return to France after the RWC.

He May may not return to Paris but has signed a one year contract at Toulon.
The Shuthonger One
Hero in the making

plod 01 Jul 2019 15:04 pm said..

Well, Parisse is coming back to France, apparently off to Toulon. A wonderful player but 35 years old now.
plod
Hall of Famer

SonofPricey 02 Jul 2019 10:13 am said..

Talking of Coventry - their near neighbours are having a restructure and rumours of financial issues persist.

https://coventryobserver.co.uk/news/exc ... ocked-out/
SonofPricey
Vice-Captain

King Prawn Bhuna 02 Jul 2019 10:23 am said..

SonofPricey wrote:Talking of Coventry - their near neighbours are having a restructure and rumours of financial issues persist.

https://coventryobserver.co.uk/news/exc ... ocked-out/

You have to understand here that the Observer is anti Wasps and Les Reid is the mouthpiece for SISU....any fake news he can spread amongst the knuckledragging minority amongst the generally sensible footy crowd is well received by his paymasters...
King Prawn Bhuna

Sheddy Mcshedface 02 Jul 2019 11:03 am said..

The South African diaspora continues unabated.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/48839448
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 02 Jul 2019 14:12 pm said..

Without being disrespectful to the players concerned, this smacks of ‘we’ll recruit some saffers cos the rest have’ ....just doesn’t seem part of a planned team building drive. All Murphy and his team have done is drive out more prospects from the academy.

Worlds apart from where Johann is taking us.
King Prawn Bhuna
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby